Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz Closes Non-Airport Locations in Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Closes Non-Airport Locations in Canada

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2009, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz Five Star, National Emerald Club, Avis Preferred, Aeroplan
Exclamation Hertz Closes Non-Airport Locations in Canada

It looks like Hertz has started to close some of it's non-airport locations in Canada. In Toronto, it's confirmed that have closed all of the non-airport locations except Union Station, Yonge and Bloor, Dufferin, and the Queensway. I'm not sure of other cities that are affected.

It looks like Hertz is in serious trouble if they are closing multiple locations. I guess they are doing anything to save money at this point.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by ChopSuey
It looks like Hertz has started to close some of it's non-airport locations in Canada. In Toronto, it's confirmed that have closed all of the non-airport locations except Union Station, Yonge and Bloor, Dufferin, and the Queensway. I'm not sure of other cities that are affected.

It looks like Hertz is in serious trouble if they are closing multiple locations. I guess they are doing anything to save money at this point.

Hmm I think it's more likely that along with most large companies they are using the economic downturnt as an excuse to streamline operations. Closing the less profitable locations wont result in a loss of revenue as people will just collect their vehicles at other locations. It will however reduce costs on staff location rental utilities etc.

I know Hertz in Ireland has cut back on everything including cutting their fleet by 50% however there bookings have only dropped 25% whilde they have increased the cost of renting a car by about a third.

Less staff less outgoings on fleet expenditure but more profit. A win for hertz but not for the customer.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 2:39 pm

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

I loved picking up at Kipling and Dundas and dropping at YYZ at no extra charge.

Looks like I'll be paying the GTAA extortion fees...
Old Oct 7, 2009, 8:39 am
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
Why must the customer do all the leg work here? I would provide Hertz the RA# and have them call the location.

One tip: when faxing it's always good to have a specific name to which the fax is addressed. It will often get quicker attention than a fax addressed to Customer Service (or whatever). The latter just gets stuck in a pile and they get to it when they get to it.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by wth
Why must the customer do all the leg work here? I would provide Hertz the RA# and have them call the location.

One tip: when faxing it's always good to have a specific name to which the fax is addressed. It will often get quicker attention than a fax addressed to Customer Service (or whatever). The latter just gets stuck in a pile and they get to it when they get to it.

What the hell are you talking about?
Old Oct 11, 2009, 6:52 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
Originally Posted by hertzisthe devil
What the hell are you talking about?
Well you might ask. This comment was a reply to another post. Some higher being knows why it ended in this thread.

But thanks for asking so nicely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.