Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Parking in Waikiki - options, questions, suggestions" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Popular Suggestion is the Waikiki Banyan at the Diamond Head side of Waikiki. Daily parking with in-and-out,
https://www.waikikibanyan.org/public...-1-april-2022/
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Parking in Waikiki - options, questions, suggestions" thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2023, 3:28 pm

Car Parking Waikiki

Hello all!
Hotel is offering me a $20 per night for 1 week parking in Waikiki.

Is there a cheaper rate that I can get for 8 days in Waikiki or should I settle for $20 a day?
Old Sep 14, 2023, 4:18 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Jackib
Hello all!
Hotel is offering me a $20 per night for 1 week parking in Waikiki.

Is there a cheaper rate that I can get for 8 days in Waikiki or should I settle for $20 a day?
That is dirt cheap for Waikiki. You won't find it for less. Take it.
cblaisd, 747FC, 1KChinito and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 10:37 am

Thank you! Will take it then!
Old Sep 15, 2023, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Thank you! Will take it then!
Are you sure that you will actually use a rental car for all the days of your visit? If not, it might be cheaper overall to just rent for those days when you will actually need a car, factoring in the $20/day parking. Maybe revisit the rental-car situation after you decide what you will be visiting on the island, and when.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by guv1976
Are you sure that you will actually use a rental car for all the days of your visit? If not, it might be cheaper overall to just rent for those days when you will actually need a car, factoring in the $20/day parking. Maybe revisit the rental-car situation after you decide what you will be visiting on the island, and when.
That is a good idea. But I do not have a definite plan and would probably not need a car for a 2 days however, I am taking the car from the airport which would save me from using a Taxi. All in all I think I would save $40-60 which is reasonable if I had the time to plan.
Also I thought taking a taxi would be expensive however I found out later that it is cheap. Around $20?
Old Sep 15, 2023, 3:28 pm

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
you have to give a lot more details, such as what hotel, for anyone to be able to advise you.

If you are staying at a hotel within a mile of the airport $20 seems expensive; but if you are staying 20 miles away then $20 seems quite the bargain.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 5:53 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
That is a good idea. But I do not have a definite plan and would probably not need a car for a 2 days however, I am taking the car from the airport which would save me from using a Taxi. All in all I think I would save $40-60 which is reasonable if I had the time to plan.
Also I thought taking a taxi would be expensive however I found out later that it is cheap. Around $20?
Check out Charley’s Taxi website for fixed rates to Waikiki from airport. Very reputable company.
cblaisd likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:57 am

Any tips for parking near Hyatt Regency Waikiki? Even if there is something $25-35, better than $50-60 at the Hyatt.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:08 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
The Waikiki Banyan is about a 10 min walk from the Hyatt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.