Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Parking in Waikiki - options, questions, suggestions" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Popular Suggestion is the Waikiki Banyan at the Diamond Head side of Waikiki. Daily parking with in-and-out,
https://www.waikikibanyan.org/public...-1-april-2022/
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2006, 11:20 am
Original Poster

I'm going to Waikiki in early March, and I'm worried that our hotel's parking lot will be full (there are only 15 spaces). I've heard that parking is hard to come by in Waikiki; what are our options for overnight parking if the hotel's lot is full?

Our hotel is near the International Marketplace.
Old Feb 9, 2006, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Can you tell us specifically what hotel you're staying at? That'll help us pinpoint a good lot for you to use.

I know there's one over by the Waikiki Trade Center with $15 overnight parking. It's def. not slim pickings with parking options in Waikiki.
Old Feb 9, 2006, 11:21 pm

When I was there, I stayed at the Double Tree and the Hawaii Prince Hotel. (Kinda far from International Market place though). There were metered spots on the Hobron Ln. that were free overnight . I think they start the meter at 7am.

Last edited by esofina; Feb 9, 2006 at 11:24 pm Reason: spelling
Old Feb 10, 2006, 12:24 am
Original Poster

We'll be staying at the Aston Coral Reef. A buncha FTers found a good vacation package from NWA, and a number of us will be staying here. I think they only have 15 parking spaces, so it's quite likely they will be all filled.

Aston Coral Reef at 2299 Kuhio Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii 96815
Old Feb 10, 2006, 1:37 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Why do you need a car on Oahu?
Old Feb 10, 2006, 10:22 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Palal
Why do you need a car on Oahu?
Hmm, because it's an incredibly car-centric place and, despite the bad traffic, you'll really need one if you want to see anything other than Waikiki? TheBus is overrated . . .
Old Feb 10, 2006, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA 2MM 1K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Premier
On Seaside off of Kalakaua, there is a garage that does overnight parking for $5.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 5:21 pm

Parking at Waikiki

This is probably gonn' screw things up for people like me, but I'll share...at the Food Pantry market, there is a metered lot that takes credit cards. I've parked there overnite for something like $5, but you have to either be out or feed the meter again by 7am. It's also good for all day parking...I think the rate is about $12.

There, go ahead and force me elsewhere...

By the way, what the heck ever happened to the promises made by Mayor Harris when he took all those spaces away from Ala Wai and said there would be replacement parking somewhere else?
Old Feb 11, 2006, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Popoki
By the way, what the heck ever happened to the promises made by Mayor Harris when he took all those spaces away from Ala Wai and said there would be replacement parking somewhere else?
Mayor Harris is no longer Mayor... So I wouldn't know how he'd keep his promise now.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:50 am

Which Oahu (Waikiki) Hotels have free parking

I know more than likely one has to pay for parking in Oahu but I heard there are hotels that provide free parking. I believe New Otani is one of them but it's way north of Waikiki.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:13 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I'll be surprised if there are any.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by bumpme
I know more than likely one has to pay for parking in Oahu but I heard there are hotels that provide free parking. I believe New Otani is one of them but it's way north of Waikiki.

Waikiki Parc Hotel has free parking. They give you a car tag when you check in and you just show it to the attendant with your parking ticket when you leave the garage
Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:24 pm

There is city parking on the ocean side near the marina by the Ilikai which is free. It is about a 10 min walk but it is free.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by g24kb8
There is city parking on the ocean side near the marina by the Ilikai which is free. It is about a 10 min walk but it is free.
I don't know if I'd trust leaving my car there. I have been there late at night, though, and do notice HPD making their rounds--though I suppose there is a reason for their being there. An officer I spoke to said that the area is known for car break-ins and general bad-dealings, and that we should be careful.

Ala Wai Blvd. is another alternative to free parking--though you'd have to walk the three or four blocks past Kuhio to get to the main hotels on Kalakaua.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 5:17 am

Programs: Delta
Waikiki Parc, as noted above, does offer free parking, but only with a package.

http://www.waikikiparc.com/special_packages/

We stayed there last November for 3 nights. The location is very good for quick access to both the beach and the main Waikiki strip. The hotel was clean and safe, and the staff friendly. The only down side was that the lanai in the mountain side room is so tiny to be worthless. One thing we like to do is sit on the lanai and enjoy the scenery when in Hawaii. But, no room for a chair. On the ocean side, the lanais are bigger, but you pay more money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.