Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Parking in Waikiki - options, questions, suggestions" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Popular Suggestion is the Waikiki Banyan at the Diamond Head side of Waikiki. Daily parking with in-and-out,
https://www.waikikibanyan.org/public...-1-april-2022/
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Parking in Waikiki - options, questions, suggestions" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2010, 4:31 pm

Programs: WN,DL,BA
plenty of free parking in waikiki, on monsarrat ave and at kapiolani park 24/7 across from the HNL zoo. Parked the rental there the whole week, saved me $150, noticed plenty of other rental cars there too.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 3:01 pm

Rainbow Tower parking

Hi,

We are heading to Honolulu next week and stay at the Ilikai Hotel.
I tried to google the Rainbow tower but could not find it anywhere. Could you please let us know what is the address of the Rainbow Tower with the 6$ parking ?
Thanks
Old Jul 29, 2010, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any Hotels in Waikiki offer free parking?

I've checked a couple of hotels in Waikiki.

Most of them have valet parking for $24 or $30 a day.

Self Parking for $24.

Does anyone know of hotels that has free parking?!
Old Jul 29, 2010, 7:30 am

Programs: Delta
Hi, your neighbor again. I'm not stalking you! Just trying to be helpful.

I found this page on another board. Don't know how current it is.
http://travel-hawaii.com/waikiki_hotel_parking.html

Another good discussion board for Hawaii travel is here.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum...hu_Hawaii.html

I did a search of that forum using "waikiki hotel free parking" and found some threads on the topic, one of which noted that first site I mentioned.

Good luck.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the help responces! Haha no need to worry about stalking . We read different parts of the forum! Maybe we can meet up in the KIX area one day
Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:47 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Further discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawai...t=consolidated
Old Jul 29, 2010, 5:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Condos may be a good option as well.. rarely do they charge for parking.. or for that matter resort fees.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Sometimes a large parking fee is OK if you get the room at the right price. @:-)
Old Aug 25, 2010, 3:43 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Yikes! From the HHV thread in the HHonors forum:

Originally Posted by SimonsMiles
- Parking at the Marina is now four times more expensive, at $1 per hour, meaning it's the same price per 24 hours as self-parking at the hilton. Proof available at: http://i35.tinypic.com/doul3p.jpg
Old Jan 21, 2011, 6:53 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Honolulu Zoo

Reported in another thread in this forum:

Originally Posted by alem25
There is plenty of free overnight parking past the Honolulu Zoo. We stayed at the Hyatt for a week in Nov '09 before our cruise and we parked there every night without any issues. During the day (10am-6pm I believe), it's only 25 cents for 15 or 30 mins so you have move the car or pay the meter. The walk is about 10 mins but it saves me $25 per night.
With this important caveat:

Originally Posted by slippahs
While this is a cheap (free) place to park at night, it should come with a big disclaimer that local cops know this place to be a go-to place for targeting break-ins. Don't leave any valuables in the car.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 9:06 pm

Programs: 1K, Platinum Marriott, Platinum SPG, Platinum Priority, Chairmans Avis
Im not sure if this has been covered, but if you don't mind a walk down Waikiki, you can park over by the zoo for free. I know during the day it is free, but I'm not sure if you can park overnight. Large parking lot, usually with spaces free. I use it all the time when I head down to the beach.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 7:25 am

Cheaper parking near the Hilton Hawaiian Village

I'm going to Hawaii in Feb for a couple weeks. We're staying at the HHV using my points. This is my first time to the islands and my wife's third, so this is all new to me. I was wondering if any one had any suggestions on a cheaper place to park. I really don't like paying the 26 a day that HHV charges. I could use that money to upgrade to the full american breakfast buffet. I'm leaving the Speedo home this time to make room for the extra weight.

Thanks for any help, Porkchop

Last edited by porkchop922; Jan 28, 2012 at 7:31 am
Old Jan 28, 2012, 7:50 am

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Originally Posted by porkchop922
I'm going to Hawaii in Feb for a couple weeks. We're staying at the HHV using my points. This is my first time to the islands and my wife's third, so this is all new to me. I was wondering if any one had any suggestions on a cheaper place to park. I really don't like paying the 26 a day that HHV charges. I could use that money to upgrade to the full american breakfast buffet. I'm leaving the Speedo home this time to make room for the extra weight.

Thanks for any help, Porkchop
Might be better off just renting a car for the day when you need it. Many car rental places nearby. Will you be using the car every day ?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by MSPDeltaDude
Might be better off just renting a car for the day when you need it. Many car rental places nearby. Will you be using the car every day ?
Thanks for reply MSPDeltaDude.

I made my car reservation along time ago with Budget for $358 (focus) for the two weeks,taxes and all. It would be hard to get anything cheaper now.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 8:25 am

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Originally Posted by porkchop922
Originally Posted by MSPDeltaDude
Thanks for reply MSPDeltaDude.

I made my car reservation along time ago with Budget for $358 (focus) for the two weeks,taxes and all. It would be hard to get anything cheaper now.
Yes that is a good price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.