Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Parking in Waikiki - options, questions, suggestions" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Popular Suggestion is the Waikiki Banyan at the Diamond Head side of Waikiki. Daily parking with in-and-out,
https://www.waikikibanyan.org/public...-1-april-2022/
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Parking in Waikiki - options, questions, suggestions" thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2007, 4:12 pm

Thanks for the advice (and another interesting link from Kaukau). I think my buddy, as a first option, is going to see what rental places are near the hotel to see if he can do the daily rental thing or work something out with them.

I was visited Honolulu three and four years ago and remembered parking around Waikiki to be pretty difficult. The first time, we rented a condo nearby so we didn't have any problems. But the second time we stayed at a rental on the north shore and when we visited Waikiki, I think we ended up parking along Ala Wai once and did some pay parking in a grocery store parking lot. That's too bad about the loss of a lot of the Ala Wai parking (if just for a short term).
Old Aug 22, 2007, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
I accidentally parked at the Ala Moana centre - forgot to move it, went out, came back the next morning, no worries.

In hindsight it was probably not the best place to leave a hire car, though it was in a visible area.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by BiziBB
I accidentally parked at the Ala Moana centre - forgot to move it, went out, came back the next morning, no worries.

In hindsight it was probably not the best place to leave a hire car, though it was in a visible area.
They have been known to tow cars in the past, but if you park near Macy's (where Pearl--the nightclub is), you might have a little more leeway leaving your car there.

Do note that Ala Moana does "chain" off its parking garages from a certain hour; I believe that includes the exits to the mall parking as well. And, it's pretty far from where the OP is talking about.

One could also try Kapahulu Ave. in trying to find parking. These are metered stalls, but there's no need for coins after 6 p.m.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA, NW, CO, AA (General Member)
Take a taxi the hotel and the rest of the time either take taxis or find the Hilo Hatties Bus it stops at almost every hotel in Waikiki and you can get off at any time and its FREE!
Old Apr 21, 2008, 10:42 pm

Programs: Delta
Validated parking in Waikiki?

I've got a long layover coming up, so I'm thinking about renting a car for half a day. I remember parking in the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center garage and getting cheap or free validated parking if I shopped around there in years past. I found this article that says any purchase (even at ABC stores) in the Shopping Center will validate cheap parking for a few hours.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...970538426.html

Does anyone know if this has changed? Or, other ideas about cheap parking in Waikiki area for a few hours?
Old Apr 22, 2008, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
The old standby is the yacht harbor near the Ilikai. Some metered, some free.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 12:34 am

Thanks Rusty. Is the Royal Hawaiian parking garage still there? I haven't been to that part of Waikiki for a while, especially with all the new construction.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 7:01 am

You might try calling 808-922-0588 which SHOULD BE the office. 808-971-3500 is the Harley store. It was there in Feb. I think Hong Kong Kong Seafood Restaurant is still there 808-922-6688. Aloha!
Old May 1, 2008, 12:42 am

Hey nishimark, I just came back from Honolulu last week and the parkade was definitely still there and open, albeit with a ton of construction in the area.

Did a bit of searching for you and looks like validated parking is $2 for 2 hours, or $4 for 4 hours. Aloha!
Old May 1, 2008, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by YVRJer
Hey nishimark, I just came back from Honolulu last week and the parkade was definitely still there and open, albeit with a ton of construction in the area.

Did a bit of searching for you and looks like validated parking is $2 for 2 hours, or $4 for 4 hours. Aloha!
Thanks much!
Old Jul 24, 2008, 11:19 am

Does anyone know if Waikiki Trade Center is still a good place to park? And if so, how much does it cost these days?

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

Last edited by Angeleno228; Jul 24, 2008 at 3:04 pm
Old Oct 13, 2009, 10:19 am

Free parking near Ala Moana center ?

I am willing to walk upto 30 minutes from my free parking spot to my hotel. If I can leave the car overnight, even better.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 11:00 am

When I was there I found free overnight parking on Ala Wai Blvd, by the canal. You can also park at 333 Seaside Ave for $6 for 10 hours.

Here is a parking map
http://www.honolulumagazine.com/Hono...ParkingMap.pdf
Old Oct 13, 2009, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by arcticgrin
When I was there I found free overnight parking on Ala Wai Blvd, by the canal. You can also park at 333 Seaside Ave for $6 for 10 hours.

Here is a parking map
http://www.honolulumagazine.com/Hono...ParkingMap.pdf
Ala Wai Blvd is worth the walk, if you can find parking there (but beware that there may be 3-5 or 3-6 pm tow spots, can't really remember right now). Just make sure to keep nothing in the vehicle when you leave it overnight.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 12:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
Serious lack of updates in the Hawaii forum.
Update on parking. Meter parking in the Sheraton Princess/Hyatt/Marriott Hotel area, if you can find an open one, are .25 for 10 minutes/$1.50 an hour for up to two hours between 7am and 6pm. Parking nazi's beginning patrolling no later than 8 AM and religiously travel up and down the nearby roads several times per day. Tickets are $35 for an expired meter.
The Banyan Condo still offers 24 hour parking for $10 though is can be at least a ten minute hike back to the hotel. You can go in and out 24 hours a day. You can pay $60 for the week but must pay individually for daily rates. They would rather you show up early to pay for another 24 hours then show up even five minutes late.
If you don't need a full 24 hours then King's Village parking behind the Hyatt has parking for $8 for 10 hours. They close at 2:30 am and reopen in the morning but if you stay over 10 hours the rate goes up to their new daily rate of $18.

Last edited by westcoastman; Dec 25, 2009 at 11:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.