Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Parking in Waikiki - options, questions, suggestions" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Popular Suggestion is the Waikiki Banyan at the Diamond Head side of Waikiki. Daily parking with in-and-out,
https://www.waikikibanyan.org/public...-1-april-2022/
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Parking in Waikiki - options, questions, suggestions" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2006, 11:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by g24kb8
There is city parking on the ocean side near the marina by the Ilikai which is free. It is about a 10 min walk but it is free.
I parked in this area when I stayed at the HHV about a year ago. We didn't have any problems. There are certainly some transients in the area but they didn't bother us. I don't recall seeing any broken glass from car windows.

There were a couple of times I had to drive around for 10 or 15 minutes to find a spot. Not exactly the way you want to spend your vacation time but I figure that we saved close to $100 in parking charges for the week we were there.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 4:14 pm

Programs: UAL1K 2MM UGS, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nishimark
Waikiki Parc, as noted above, does offer free parking, but only with a package.

http://www.waikikiparc.com/special_packages/

We stayed there last November for 3 nights. The location is very good for quick access to both the beach and the main Waikiki strip. The hotel was clean and safe, and the staff friendly. The only down side was that the lanai in the mountain side room is so tiny to be worthless. One thing we like to do is sit on the lanai and enjoy the scenery when in Hawaii. But, no room for a chair. On the ocean side, the lanais are bigger, but you pay more money.
Quiet, quiet, quiet please.

The Parc Waikiki is my personal favorite, but if it get's a little more popular rates will rise and it'll be spoiled.

True, parking is included with many packages, but is never included with cheapie booking sites. I've often seen deals at the Parc which include breakfast and parking for just $10 more per day than offered by online cheapies.

Oh, and here's a little tip. The Parc is owned by the same company which owns the Halekulani (just across the street). Staff often start at the Parc and graduate to the 5* H-K. Thus service is almost always high compared to price. Oh, and you can charge H-K meals to your room too (can't use the pool though ).

Lihue1k
Old Apr 4, 2006, 8:29 pm
dtc

Programs: Restarting life as UA newb; AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by lihue1k
Quiet, quiet, quiet please.

The Parc Waikiki is my personal favorite, but if it get's a little more popular rates will rise and it'll be spoiled.
I was looking for a 3 night stay towards the end of June - ouch, they only have rack rate of $250+
Old Apr 4, 2006, 9:29 pm

Programs: UAL1K 2MM UGS, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dtc
I was looking for a 3 night stay towards the end of June - ouch, they only have rack rate of $250+
Ouch, at that price, it's not such a value.

Did you check their own website? They often have special and packages including meals.

Lihue1k
Old Apr 4, 2006, 11:09 pm

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
If you have a military ID active or reserve (the newer CAC cards don't make the distiction) or retired you can use the Fort DeRussy parking structure. It isn't free anymore but you can pay by the day or week and it's a bargain.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:20 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by dtc
Yeah, ouch! Maybe you should call direct and enquire about the package rates, especially if your dates are flexible.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:04 am
dtc

Programs: Restarting life as UA newb; AA Lifetime Gold
Unfortunately, my dates aren't flexible - airfare and wedding I'm attending were predetermined. I called already and the woman was very insistent that they are "rack rate only" - that the specials listed on their website are no longer available.

Currently I'm looking at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani (I got a rate of $120!), the Sheraton Waikiki (I got a rate of $126, at this "annex" thing), and possibly the Queen Kapiolani - rate unknown, but the reviews seem scary

Overall hotels are expensive this year everywhere. I was looking at going to NY later this year - $3xx for the hotels that I paid $190 for last year at the same time. Yowsers.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Bumping up my old thread again since I'll be staying in Waikiki at the end of the month.

Arriving Sat Dec 30 at 10:30pm. I'll be staying at the new Embassy Suites at 201 Beachwalk Street. I'm leaving the following day at 8am to send my brother off to the airport. I will need parking in Waikiki when I come back in the afternoon, and will drive back to the airport for my flight out that evening.

Embassy Suites Valet Parking is $25 and has in and out privileges. What other alternatives do I have?
Old Dec 8, 2006, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by cornellalum
Bumping up my old thread again since I'll be staying in Waikiki at the end of the month.

Arriving Sat Dec 30 at 10:30pm. I'll be staying at the new Embassy Suites at 201 Beachwalk Street. I'm leaving the following day at 8am to send my brother off to the airport. I will need parking in Waikiki when I come back in the afternoon, and will drive back to the airport for my flight out that evening.

Embassy Suites Valet Parking is $25 and has in and out privileges. What other alternatives do I have?
Here are more options:
http://hotspots.honoluluadvertiser.c...t/2005/parking
Old Dec 8, 2006, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info! I think it seems like the Waikiki Trade Center is our best bet.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cornellalum
Thanks for the info! I think it seems like the Waikiki Trade Center is our best bet.
It will be. I don't know what the current rates are (note: the article is from 2005), but it should just be straight up the road from the Embassy Suites.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 12:38 pm

Question Overnight rental car parking near Waikiki?

My friend is heading to Waikiki for the first time at the end of the week. They're looking to rent a car but have just found out that the hotel they are staying at (by Kuhio Beach Park east of Waikiki) charges $20/day parking. Any suggestion on how to keep his parking costs down?
TIA.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 12:45 pm

Programs: NH-PLT, NW-S, AC/UA/US/JL plain, Hertz#1G
1. Avoid rent-a-car. Use taxis, shared limousines, buses, or trolleys instead.
2. Check out rent-a-car each morning, then check in each evening. Usually little difference in rates.
3. Pray for the luck of finding a spot in free parking zone along Alawai Canal or Kapiolani Beach Park, then walk several blocks back to your hotel.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gura
3. Pray for the luck of finding a spot in free parking zone along Alawai Canal or Kapiolani Beach Park, then walk several blocks back to your hotel.
Kapiolani Park (not Beach Park) likely isn't the best place to park your rental car at night. Although it's gotten better these past few years, car theft/break-ins is still a large problem in that part of Waikiki.

Parking along the Ala Wai has also gotten difficult. Most of the entire right lane once reserved for parking now has a giant sewer line sitting on it.

One's best bet is to follow suggestions 1 & 2 above. There are a few overnight garages as well that'll charge less than $15. It's just a matter of driving around and trying to find the lots. Also, there are various street parking areas within the Mauka (North-eastern) portions of Waikiki that are free, but it's difficult to come up with an empty spot.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 1:16 pm

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
Slippah's advice is akamai.

You may check out this advertisement as well: http://hotspots.honoluluadvertiser.c...t/2005/parking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.