Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Restaurant Recommendations on Maui (Post-2023 Fires)" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 26, 2023, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Archived threads (note that many restaurants in West Maui were severely impacted by the August 2023 fires with many in Lahaina a total loss):

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii/736984-consolidated-maui-restaurants-thread.html

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Restaurant Recommendations on Maui (Post-2023 Fires)" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2024, 8:02 am

Da Soriano Grindz was maybe my favorite 'regular' place I ate at in Maui in my recent trip. They were displaced from their Lahaina location due to the fires but their new address can be found on their IG. The garlic shrimp was the best I tried over the entire 10-day trip across Oahu and Maui. Lightly fried, ate them shell and all. Delicious.

I say 'regular' because I think Mama's was definitely my favorite place, maybe out of all dining experiences I've ever had, but it's definitely more of a special occasion type of restaurant for me.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 7:01 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
marlow was good

We enjoyed Marlow (restaurantmarlow.com) upcountry.

Farmers market (that’s the store name - farmersmarketsmaui.com) in Lahaina made fantastic sandwiches that travelled well for inflight consumption.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

a few comments from recent trip:

had an excellent takeout from My Thai Maui (a very strange setup they only offered takeout that we couls only do online)
rowena food "store" next door had an extensive and reasonably priced selection of farmers market/local produce stuff (including durian we did not buy).. we got papayas, avocadoes tomatoes cucumbers bananas to take to our condo

2 out of 3 excellent meals at Like Poke wailuku truck (once it was kinda average with off balance salt/spices)
also a couple things from new thai esan (lao style) truck next to like poke were interesting and fresh
overall that wailuku food truck cluster that caters mostly to locals is far better than airport one that is tourist trap (and only 10-15 min away from airport)

excellent poke from south maui fish company in kihei - this is the first time we were able to get it after multiple tries - they open at 11 and poke is gone by 12 every day

shaved ice from gus in kihei and several ululani locations - all good

malasadas from home maid bakery that were made to order were significantly better than sugar beach bake shop where they were cold...

Last edited by azepine00; Jan 18, 2024 at 11:11 am
Old Mar 22, 2024, 10:14 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Tiffany's is great. Nice variety in dishes and a menu that changes regularly. Also appreciate the very local crowd.
Since we so like Tin Roof we were excited to try Tiffany’s soon after it opened, but assumed too soon since the menu seemed-un-updated by the Top Chef.

Just gave it another try, and each of the four dishes were mediocre at best, and that doesn’t even address the poor service and five extra drinks added to the bill that was a pain to correct.

As much as I want to like and support Tiffany’s, we are done.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jailer
Since we so like Tin Roof we were excited to try Tiffany’s soon after it opened, but assumed too soon since the menu seemed-un-updated by the Top Chef.

Just gave it another try, and each of the four dishes were mediocre at best, and that doesn’t even address the poor service and five extra drinks added to the bill that was a pain to correct.

As much as I want to like and support Tiffany’s, we are done.
I've been a few times and really like it, actually. The crudo was incredible. I also liked a few versions of the chicken there.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Interesting. I haven't stopped at Tiffany's in a few months, so maybe I will plan another visit soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.