Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

LIH airport - procedures for flying back to mainland (Sfo etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LIH airport - procedures for flying back to mainland (Sfo etc)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2023, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by mstraveler
Never . We go every chance we get.
It’s pathetic on my part that I haven’t been to Kauai since the late 90’s, despite living in Maui for a time.
Rare likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
It’s pathetic on my part that I haven’t been to Kauai since the late 90’s, despite living in Maui for a time.
it’ll be there when you’re ready :-)
yes as much as I enjoyed LIH I definitely loved kaua’i very much. So happy to have gone.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by gaobest
this. So for that MR the “only” security is the agriculture when you exit your gate, go potty, and then enter the door for your departure gate. You’ll be fine. Just don’t violate that agricultural rule :-)

I am really loving LIH. When does this LIH / Kaua’i love dissipate?? I liked the pork loco moco in LIH. Yum. How’s the katsu? I was tempted.
Are you talking about the food at the little restaurant by security? To each their own, but I think that food is absolutely disgusting. Had to eat it a few times on day trips were return flight blending into dinner. No real choice at LIH.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by slippahs
Are you talking about the food at the little restaurant by security? To each their own, but I think that food is absolutely disgusting. Had to eat it a few times on day trips were return flight blending into dinner. No real choice at LIH.
yes where they cook stuff to order on the grill. It’s the best choice for a freshly-cooked meal since SBUX is just reheating stuff. It’s not Merriman’s - it’s similar to casual food places from the early 2010s perhaps. I loved my kalua roast pork over fried rice. It did the job for me. Yummy. I love roasted pork of all backgrounds!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.