Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

72-Hour Pre-Departure Covid Testing (Experiences Only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2020, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: weezl
The purpose of this thread is outlined in the first post; "I was thinking it might be helpful for any of us going to the islands to share our experiences getting tested.

... I'm curious to hear about others getting tested by airlines, at airports, etc. and being able to get the test done within the correct time frame. Monday/Tuesday departures seem particularly challenging due to the weekend within the 72-hour period."

Please limit posts to ones directly related to the above; general "does this test qualify?" and "where can I get tested?" questions are best asked (and answered) in the master thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii/2013922-covid-19-10-day-arrivals-quarantine-pre-post-arrival-test-out-policies.html

Q. Are the COVID tests for leisure travel to Hawaii covered by medical insurance?
A. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coronavirus-travel/2011906-covid-19-travel-medical-insurance.html

FYI-Flight delays don’t count against the T-72 cutoff, they go by the original scheduled departure time not the delayed departure time.

Print Wikipost

72-Hour Pre-Departure Covid Testing (Experiences Only)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2021, 4:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by rsh913
One more question for Walgreens. We got a note from Walgreens after our test that report will come from Aegis. I was wondering if that'd be accepted. Also any guidance on turnaround times for the PCR test at Walgreens. Website says 48-72 hours.... thanks.
My wife and I did a Walgreens PCR test in the Seattle area in early May and turnaround time was 37 hours. We did another PCR test at a Walgreens in Honolulu just two days ago (got an inter-island flight tomorrow) and turnaround time was 28 hours. Interestingly, my understanding is that the one we did in Hawaii was actually shipped to a lab in California to perform the test, so the turnaround time seems pretty impressive to me. In both cases, results were emailed from "PWNHealth Clinical Support" ([email protected]).
Old Jun 3, 2021, 5:18 pm

MapleLeaf, curious why you didn't use the ID Now test from Walgreens in Seattle?
Old Jun 5, 2021, 4:13 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by grizindabo24
MapleLeaf, curious why you didn't use the ID Now test from Walgreens in Seattle?
At the time we needed the test, the closest ID Now site was in Renton, which was a much longer trek for us than the nearest PCR site to us in Lynnwood. Plus, we had numerous friends report that they all received their results from the Lynnwood Walgreens within about 36 hours. So the plan was to do the test in Lynnwood 3 days before our flight, but book an appointment for a test in Renton 1 day before our flight. If we didn't get our results back in 48 hours, we would have bitten the bullet and gone to Renton. Thankfully, we didn't need to do so.

But I'm told that there's now a Walgreens in Bellevue doing ID Now, so if I needed the test now, I would have just gone there.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 6:02 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by rudy_g
Which result did you upload? Walgreens gives you two PDF's an easy to read and the provider test. sounds like you might have uploaded the easy to read.
Originally Posted by frankmu
This. I had the same issue, but submitting the provider test cleared things up.
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Also when uploading a Walgreens test make sure you select “provider forum” and not “Hawaii Standard” in Safe Travels as the Walgreens results don’t have the State of Hawaii seal on it.
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
No, I uploaded the regular one.

Thank you, that is what I did.

My husband called and was told we have to bring the printed form. This gets reviewed in Hawaii, not before boarding. I had hoped to get thru arrival matters easily and be on our way to pick up our rental car. It appears that will not be possible.
I took my Walgreens test today, and am anticipating getting the results tomorrow. As I understand it, there will be two PDFs, which have been described as Easy to Read and Provider Test. I’m also reading above that the Safe Travels website has two options, Hawaii Standard and Provider Forum.

Are their really two different PDFs and two different upload options? Which combination of PDFs/upload option is correct for this Walgreens test?

Many thanks for helping to clarify.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
I took my Walgreens test today, and am anticipating getting the results tomorrow. As I understand it, there will be two PDFs, which have been described as Easy to Read and Provider Test. I’m also reading above that the Safe Travels website has two options, Hawaii Standard and Provider Forum.

Are their really two different PDFs and two different upload options? Which combination of PDFs/upload option is correct for this Walgreens test?

yes. there are 2 PDFs and 2 upload options. upload the "lab PDF" (not "easy read PDF") to the Provider option (it's a drop down menu choice between provider and Hawaii option). I did it tonight and it's really straightforward.
uastarflyer and 747FC like this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 9:14 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by 747FC

Yes, as I have explained in two different threads, use the lab .pdf and upload choosing provider form. It seems you don’t want to believe me for some reason but I have done this many times, as recently as five days ago and have explained here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33298613-post1947.html and here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33298599-post659.html.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by wanderlust99
yes. there are 2 PDFs and 2 upload options. upload the "lab PDF" (not "easy read PDF") to the Provider option (it's a drop down menu choice between provider and Hawaii option). I did it tonight and it's really straightforward.
Thank you for this very clear explanation. Very helpful.

Originally Posted by Finkface
Yes, as I have explained in two different threads, use the lab .pdf and upload choosing provider form. It seems you don’t want to believe me for some reason but I have done this many times, as recently as five days ago and have explained here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33298613-post1947.html and here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33298599-post659.html.
Sorry if my anxiety and uncertainty about this has caused offense to you. Thanks too for providing your helpful post links which were not found by me today when searching again.

This Walgreens option is free, but much less intuitive than the Mychart results when I took my first flight a month ago.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 1:31 am

Programs: AA++
Orange County CA cheapest test

Hi.
I have been using Hoag urgent care in OC for testing but it turned out so expensive, $120 charged by Hoag and $150 bill from Westpac labs. Anyone knows cheaper test in Oc?
Old Jun 7, 2021, 8:23 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Originally Posted by ssg10
Hi.
I have been using Hoag urgent care in OC for testing but it turned out so expensive, $120 charged by Hoag and $150 bill from Westpac labs. Anyone knows cheaper test in Oc?
Drive to LGB?
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by weezl
Drive to LGB?
What is the testing site name for LGB? It is inside long beach airport?
Old Jun 9, 2021, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Google is your friend
LGB tests
Old Jun 9, 2021, 10:30 pm

Check City Health at LGB. https://covidtesting.cityhealthuc.co...ons/long-beach

-David
Old Jun 20, 2021, 11:06 pm

Hi, City health seems to have run out of appointments until July. Do you folks know next best one to use? Is walgreen reliable and fast?
Old Jun 21, 2021, 12:34 am

Hi, City health seems to have run out of appointments until July. Do you folks know next best one to use? Is walgreen reliable and fast?
Not in my experience: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33315932-post1987.html
Old Jun 21, 2021, 6:15 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Walgreens site list expected turnaround times. Definitely should take it 3 days prior for a PCR and hopeful get results the next evening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.