Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

State of Hawaii "Safe Travels" Program 5-Day Quarantine (Ends March 25, 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Mar 22, 2020, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Comprehensive Overview, With Questions and Answers:

https://www.gohawaii.com/travel-requirements

CURRENT POLICIES
  • JULY 8 - Fully vaccinated U.S. travelers flying domestically — including island residents returning home — will be allowed to bypass Hawaii’s quarantine and pre-travel restrictions, as long as they upload their vaccination records to the state’s Safe Travels website and arrive with a hard copy of their vaccinations records. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii/2044877-those-fully-vaccinated-anywhere-us-eligible-bypass-quarantine-july-8th-new-post.html
  • JUNE 15 - Fully vaccinated travelers who received the vaccine in Hawaii are now exempt from Safe Travels
  • JUNE 15 - Regardless of their vaccination status, travelers are allowed to fly between islands without having to take a COVID test or quarantine.
SAFE TRAVELS PROGRAM
  • AFTER JANUARY 3, 2022 The mandatory 5-day quarantine is required for all unvaccinated passengers (visitors and returning residents) arriving into the state of Hawaii.
  • Additionally, operations, including peer-to-peer platforms or sharing services, may not rent vehicles to any person who is subject to a 5-day traveler quarantine order unless an exemption is granted.
  • Travelers flying into Hawaii are required to register personal information into the Safe Travels application; the information will be used to aid officials in contacting travelers via phone, email, and SMS. It does *not* currently enable GPS-tracking of travelers via their mobile devices.
  • Travelers are exempt from the mandatory 5-day quarantine if testing is completed no more than 72 hours before the departure time of the final leg of your flight to Hawai‘i with proof of a negative result.
    • The state of Hawai‘i will ONLY accept Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) from a certified Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA) lab test results from TRUSTED TESTING AND TRAVEL PARTNERS. A negative COVID-19 test result is required prior to departure to avoid quarantine in Hawai‘i.
    • If results are not available by time of arrival, quarantine necessary until test results received.
    • All travelers (returning residents and visitors) of all ages subject to pre-test requirement.
    • Individuals are responsible for testing costs.
    • Travelers (returning residents and visitors) are not able to test upon arrival in Hawaii because this is a pre-travel testing program.
    • No commercial COVID-19 NAAT testing will be provided upon arrival at the airport. Travelers without the pre-test will be in quarantine.
    • https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel-partners/
Data on where COVID-19 hotspots are in Hawaii: https://health.hawaii.gov/coronaviru...ion-in-hawaii/

List of Hotels that are currently closed:

https://www.gohawaii.com/special-alerts-information

For interisland travel:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii/2041823-interisland-travel-unrestricted-starting-june-15th.html

//TOPIC CHECK - STAY ON TOPIC//

Aloha - as a reminder to all, FT's rules specifically state: "FlyerTalk exists for the discussion of frequent flyer programs and the related travel experience. With the exception of the few areas specifically designated for the discussion of other topics, confine your comments as closely as possible to these topic areas and to the topic of the thread and forum in which you are posting." FlyinHawaiian and I recognize that it is easy to intertwine political commentary with the policies advanced by politicians that affect travel to Hawaii. However, we ask that you keep in mind the nature of this Hawaii forum and focus your attention on the policies and their impact on travel to/from/within Hawaii. Commentary about Hawaii's politicians are off-topic, belong in the OMNI forum, and will be deleted if posted on this thread. We ask for your kokua and cooperation. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Mahalo,

slippahs, Hawaii forum co-moderator
Print Wikipost

State of Hawaii "Safe Travels" Program 5-Day Quarantine (Ends March 25, 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2020, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by pxm
My wife and I are scheduled to travel to Honolulu on January 25th. My wife is a health care professional and will have her COVID-19 vaccine on Wednesday. Does anyone know what the State of Hawaii's plans are for people who have been vaccinated as it relates to the pre-departure testing?
But, when will she have the 2nd shot? Most of the vaccines require 2 shots.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by philemer
But, when will she have the 2nd shot? Most of the vaccines require 2 shots.
The schedule for the Pfizer vaccine is 3 weeks apart. Between this Wednesday and January 25 is more than 3 weeks. 3 weeks would be around Jan 6.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Vault Zoom question, for those with experience: if you connect to do the Zoom the supervised collection, but it says 80-minute wait, can you decide to close out of the zoom, and try again later when the wait is shorter? Or is it a one-shot deal and you MUST do it the first/only time you try to connect?

Thanks--I just don't want to mess up my one shot if that's how it works!
Old Dec 16, 2020, 12:35 am

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
I'm currently in Singapore—where there is essentially no COVID—and looking to travel to HNL in early January. The logical route (and lowest COVID-risk route) is via Japan.

However, because I would not be able to enter Japan and have to stay airside, I would not be able to get a COVID test from one of the approved providers located in Japan. And it appears that Hawaii won't accept results from anyone in Singapore (nor simply treat passengers arriving from SIN as COVID-free, like many countries are doing).

Do we have any options here to avoid either a 14-day quarantine or very out of the way and less COVID-safe route via SFO/LAX?
Old Dec 16, 2020, 1:31 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Scifience

Do we have any options here to avoid either a 14-day quarantine or very out of the way and less COVID-safe route via SFO/LAX?
No. Although it's now down to a 10 day quarantine.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Scifience
I'm currently in Singapore—where there is essentially no COVID—and looking to travel to HNL in early January. The logical route (and lowest COVID-risk route) is via Japan.

However, because I would not be able to enter Japan and have to stay airside, I would not be able to get a COVID test from one of the approved providers located in Japan. And it appears that Hawaii won't accept results from anyone in Singapore (nor simply treat passengers arriving from SIN as COVID-free, like many countries are doing).

Any options out of Guam (GUM)? Don't know what testing is there but pretty sure UA still has a flight into HNL. Post back please if you find a better option than SIN-SFO-HNL.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 9:33 pm

Singapore is not by any means COVID free.

-David
Old Dec 16, 2020, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Singapore is not by any means COVID free.
There have been a total of 8 cases in the community here in Singapore since November 1—all other cases have been imported and detected while those infected were under official quarantine. Perhaps "COVID-free" is a very slight overstatement, but 8 cases in 45 days is lower than just about anywhere else in the world at this point, and someone arriving from SIN via NRT almost surely poses a lower public health risk than someone arriving from a mainland US hotspot with a 72-hour old test in hand.

Originally Posted by nomad420
Any options out of Guam (GUM)?
I thought of this, but it appears GUM has a mandatory 14-day quarantine (in a rather dismal government facility, no less!) for all arrivals, so it's not really a viable option either, unfortunately.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
No. Although it's now down to a 10 day quarantine.
Hawaiʻi Travel Quarantine Period Shortened From 14 To 10 Days

David
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 7:29 pm

Regardless of the case load in Singapore, there's no planned travel bubble between Singapore and Hawaii. And I doubt there will ever be one as neither is a very important destination to the other one.

The only hope eventually will be relaxed rules for people arriving with proof of vaccinations in hand. The Governor has publicly stated that he wants vaccinated people to be able to bypass the quarantine here in Hawaii. Let's see what the details are when they announce it.

SIN had a planned travel bubble with HKG, but it was abruptly cancelled when there was a resurgence of cases in HKG. Are there any others planned?

-David
Old Dec 17, 2020, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Regardless of the case load in Singapore, there's no planned travel bubble between Singapore and Hawaii. And I doubt there will ever be one as neither is a very important destination to the other one.
The case per population is far worse in Hawaii compared to Singapore. Regardless of destination importance I do not see why Singapore or anyone wants a bubble with Hawaii.
NYTimes data 12/17/2000: New case per day past 7 days, per 100,000 population:

Singapore 0.2
Hong Kong 1.2 (was lower than Singapore when they talked about a bubble)
Hawaii (state) 8.7
Honolulu 9.3
Old Dec 18, 2020, 12:19 am

Aloha,
Can you please help me sign up for Clarity's 3 hour PCS test at Lax? We are trying to find a rapid test, and this would be amazing if it is really there.
What is the link to sign up for the Clarity test? And I would love any other tips/suggestions.
Thank you so much!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 18, 2020 at 5:42 am Reason: moved from "experiences only" thread
Old Dec 18, 2020, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by Oceana
Aloha,
Can you please help me sign up for Clarity's 3 hour PCS test at Lax? We are trying to find a rapid test, and this would be amazing if it is really there.
What is the link to sign up for the Clarity test? And I would love any other tips/suggestions.
Thank you so much!
Hi oceana,

See post #236. There is some question however, about when the 3-hour Terminal 6 option will go online. Best is to create an account and watch what Clarity shows as available.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 18, 2020 at 5:42 am Reason: added link to post
Old Dec 18, 2020, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Oceana
Aloha,
Thank you so much!
it is not available yet
72-Hour Pre-Departure Covid Testing (Experiences Only)
Old Dec 20, 2020, 6:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
Testing recommendations for Chicago to OGG/HNL

Anyone have testing recommendations for a Covid test in Chicago to satisfy Hawaii’s testing? Tried CVS about 5 weeks ago and CVS failed to deliver results in time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.