Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

How busy will Honolulu /Big Island be around easter 2019?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2018, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis

Hi/Aloha,

I was talking with my brother today ( he is now based in Adelaide, Adelaide) and he was talking about him and his partner meeting up with myself and my mother in Easter 2019 ( they were due to visit last christmas but had to cancel as his partner was undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer.

They were thinking either Hawaii or Tokyo ( my brother has not been to hawaii since 1982 and his partner has not been and they have not been to Tokyo)

They were thinking of the 10th-25th April 2019.

As Easter is the 23rd April will honolulu be particularly busy/crowded with spring breakers/easter vacationers or is it not too bad. If we were going to hawaii we would spend a few days in Honolulu then a week in the big island ( probably at the Hilton Resorts

Many thanks

TBS
Old Sep 24, 2018, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Easter holidays vary throughout the USA, so some will be taking their vacations the week prior, some starting that week. The thing is that Hawaii has been running at very high capacity for some time now, so I don't know how much more crowded it could get than a typical non-holiday time, i.e., does that last few percent make it unpleasant? Probably not, except for airport crowds on the peak travel days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.