Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui vs. Grand Wailea

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui vs. Grand Wailea

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2020, 7:57 am

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
Originally Posted by dhuey
Wailea Beach Villas. Our favorite. This is a luxurious condo complex, right on the beach. The prices are often vastly lower than staying at the neighboring resorts, and you have more space and a kitchen.
Hi, we are looking at a few nights in Maui and based on your posting I looked up the Wailea Beach Villas, but two options came up online and I want to make sure I am booking at the correct one. First is Wailea Beach Villas, part of Destination Hotels. The second is Wailea Beach Villas Resort. Thank you!
Old Oct 5, 2020, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With the potential for a three day on-resort quarantine requirement potentially coming, wondering what people think the best place for that would be - not just between the Andaz and WA, but also including the other Hyatt or Marriott properties (want to use points)?

I'm thinking if you can't leave the resort, the bigger the property the better.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
I would assume that GW costs more HH points than Andaz but both are nice and both should allow you to get meal delivery. Just keep in mind that the room spaces aren’t huge.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 11:46 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Doppy
With the potential for a three day on-resort quarantine requirement potentially coming, wondering what people think the best place for that would be - not just between the Andaz and WA, but also including the other Hyatt or Marriott properties (want to use points)?

I'm thinking if you can't leave the resort, the bigger the property the better.
Andaz is nice if you want to stay in the middle of a resort currently being used to film a television show:

https://mauinow.com/2020/09/29/tempt...anned-on-maui/
Doppy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.