Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Check-out late or extra 1/2 day charge for Honolulu hotels?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check-out late or extra 1/2 day charge for Honolulu hotels?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
According to dayuse the Pacific Marina Inn Airport Hotel is your airport option (and they have it on their website). Hyatt Place and Holiday Inn Express if you venture to Waikiki.
Old May 14, 2022, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Try https://www.dayuse.com/
Old May 15, 2022, 10:20 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
When I stayed at the OP's property a few years ago, I checked out after breakfast and was given a set of temporary keys to use to access the lagoon and spa facilities for lockers and showers. I was also advised that the parking card given to me would work until 11 p.m. which was nice. So, given the circumstances of the OP, I would contact the property and see if that option was still available. If so, I would check out, store my bags with the bell desk, and then find ways to spend the day before heading to HNL.

I'd also recommend that other members in a similar situation contact their properties for services like to those described above; red-eye flights are common in Hawaii so hotels are used to guests needing luggage storage and shower/changing services between check out and their departing flight (although I think the KOBC's offering is very generous). There aren't any decent hotel options around HNL.
Eastbay1K and 747FC like this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 15, 2022 at 6:43 pm
Old May 15, 2022, 3:24 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
When I stayed at the OP's property a few years ago, when I checked out after breakfast, I was given a set of temporary keys to use to access the lagoon and spa facilities for lockers and showers. I was also advised that the parking card given to me would work until 11 p.m. which was nice. So, given the circumstances of the OP, I would contact the property and see if that option was still available. If so, I would check out, store my bags with the bell desk, and then find ways to spend the day before heading to HNL.

I'd also recommend that other members in a similar situation contact their properties for services like to those described above; red-eye flights are common in Hawaii so hotels are used to guests needing services between check out and their departing flight (although I think the KOBC's offering is very generous). There aren't any decent hotel options around HNL.
this is my guess…a vacation club having storage space for you to put your stuff. You spend the day there.

other option is ifyou are renting a car for the day to drive around
Old May 15, 2022, 3:42 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Petty theft being what it is (vehicle break-ins are common), I'd be a little leery of driving around with a car full of luggage, but that would be more attractive to me than spending any time in a dinky airport hotel.

Noting that the OP had similar questions in the past, I merged this thread with that one even though there's been several years in between. The previous responses may be of help and are still valid in this case.

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
Hawaii (Travel) Forum
747FC likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 16, 2022 at 5:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.