Wiki Posts
Search

Runs to L & L Hawaiian Barbeque in HNL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2011, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Runs to L & L Hawaiian Barbeque in HNL

After reading through the Inn-n-Out thread, may I introduce the L & L Hawaiian Barbecue run from HNL?
I've done a few connections in Honolulu and slipped out of the airport for the LauLau and Pork or LocoMoco.
The ladies in the old World Club had a photocopied map and directions and let you leave your bags in the Club while you went over.
Tom
Old Nov 12, 2011, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
I completely understand! Thank goodness the chain has shown up nit far from me in Phoenix.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 9:57 pm
GG

I'd rather run to Sam Choy's.

[edited to add] Sigh. I sure have fond memories of the HNL Worldclub. Though I'd sometimes go over to the PC when it was crowded, NW's staff were just Great.

Last edited by GG; Nov 12, 2011 at 10:29 pm Reason: because I can
Old Nov 13, 2011, 1:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Mmmm... Love it ^
Also don't forget about Zippys

There is an L&L in the downtown Costco's parking lot- great place to stock up on edible souviners
Old Nov 13, 2011, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by GG

[edited to add] Sigh. I sure have fond memories of the HNL Worldclub. Though I'd sometimes go over to the PC when it was crowded, NW's staff were just Great.
There were some other good sort of fast Asian food places in the same strip as I recall. Sometimes went to those as well.
Tom
Old Nov 13, 2011, 6:29 am

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
The L & L run would also work if you MR to San Diego.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 6:54 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by mot29
After reading through the Inn-n-Out thread, may I introduce the L & L Hawaiian Barbecue run from HNL?
I've done a few connections in Honolulu and slipped out of the airport for the LauLau and Pork or LocoMoco.
The ladies in the old World Club had a photocopied map and directions and let you leave your bags in the Club while you went over.
Tom
The one within walking distance of HNL is in the Airport Trade Center strip mall. Other retail, Jamba Juice, Starbucks, convenience store, etc. are there as well.

http://www.google.com/search?num=50&...lu&btnG=Search
Old Nov 13, 2011, 6:59 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by GG

Half the staff is still there at the Sky Club, including Betty.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 9:29 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Exclamation Thread Alert

Originally Posted by mot29
You absolutely may...

...but after reading through this thread, may I introduce the Hawaii forum? That is the forum in which discussion pertaining to Hawaii — including dining options — resides, and that is the new home for this thread.

Thank you, mot29 — and if you know of any other dining options in Honolulu, please be certain to let fellow FlyerTalk members know.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Delta SkyMiles forum
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Wirelessly posted (iPhone-ETOPS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by Seabilly
The L & L run would also work if you MR to San Diego.
I've had varying experiences with L&Ls across the nation. Definitely something off about a number of them.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:28 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
for those of you going to that airport L&L...they are participating in the REwards network...

secondly..i like going to Bryon's drive in...its not as famous as L&L(don't they have a bunch of chains in the mainland)..but its has a good reputation..although slightly ghetto...
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Was pleasantly surprised with L & L.. I first thought it was a cheeseburger place..
Old Nov 25, 2011, 2:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by bitachu
for those of you going to that airport L&L...they are participating in the REwards network...

secondly..i like going to Bryon's drive in...its not as famous as L&L(don't they have a bunch of chains in the mainland)..but its has a good reputation..although slightly ghetto...
Ooo... L&L + Rewards... Perhaps a good place to pick up some gift cards

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Was pleasantly surprised with L & L.. I first thought it was a cheeseburger place..
Naw man...that's the other place that goes by letters INO

Originally Posted by slippahs
Wirelessly posted (iPhone-ETOPS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I've had varying experiences with L&Ls across the nation. Definitely something off about a number of them.
I haven't been overly impressed with the ones in ANC. The teri beef just isn't the same- not enough ginger I think. Oh and it costs more here too

Had decent luck in PHX though
Old Dec 2, 2011, 2:09 am

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
If your going to l&l then you should be ordering chicken katsu
Old Dec 2, 2011, 10:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bitachu
If your going to l&l then you should be ordering chicken katsu
Beef, chicken, or shortribs.. mmm.. love it with the rice..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.