Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Does Hawaaian 24 hr check in allow seat changes

Old Jan 4, 2009, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

The CSR I talked to at Hawaaian didn't think you could change seats at the 24 hr check in process....does anyone know?

We booked tickets using AA miles...so the ressie looks as if we booked thru a travel agent she said. and we booke don the phone...so the phone operator sees different seating charts than the online site.

basically I can't get any better seats because we booked on the phone even though the website shows opens seats....the phone lady said they don't share a system??? what??? I have called numerous times over the last couple months trying to get us out of the back of the plane and the webiste always shows open seats that I can't book....stupid....

so I am HOPING we get the chance at 24 hr check in....give me hope you guys....
Old Jan 4, 2009, 4:38 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Yes, the first screen on OLCI has a "Change Seat" button.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 9:07 pm

I booked with AA miles also and was told I can't use OLCI? Anyone know if this is true?
Old Jan 4, 2009, 11:12 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Don't know, but you'll want to make sure that you have HA's PNR for your flight and not just AA's.

In the past, I've been able to OLCI when using NW miles award interisland tickets by using the ticket number option on OLCI. But that was a couple of years ago.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bbbb
I booked with AA miles also and was told I can't use OLCI? Anyone know if this is true?
this would just be par for the course
Old Jan 26, 2009, 6:46 am

I have flown (outbound) from BOS/PVD to either ORD/DFW then onto HNL on AA. Then we would connect on HA to our final destination. On the return, use HA to get to HNL then once in HNL, fly AA to our fianl destination.

On the outbound, I have not had a problem with OLCI regarding AA. I believe that I was able to print the HA boarding passes without an issue. For some reason there is always a problem on the return. I have not been able to use AA OLCI if you are first flying on HA. You can use OLCI to check in with HA but not AA. Usually on the return I just wait until we get to the airport and check in. We have our seat assignments already so that has not been an issue.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 6:56 pm

Funny......I am a travel agent and always have a very hard time getting seat assignments on Hawaiian. I check daily to see if any seats become available. When I call Hawaiian they say call 24 hours prior to your flight. When I do that they tell me the seats are under airport control..urgh. My best luck has been getting the seats about 36-48 hours prior to departure(if you call Hawaiian Directly). Seat are released but not yet under airport control.

Last edited by Mrs. Ripper3785; Jan 26, 2009 at 7:00 pm Reason: needed more detail

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.