Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

I don't track fares to HI... how's this one?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2004, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

We're considering a return to Maui over the Memorial Day weekend after returning from a fantastic Thanksgiving trip. For the past visit I had the benefit of some free F tickets on Delta... this time I actually have to pay

I currently have two HA F (P actually) tickets on hold for PHX-OGG on May 26, returning May 31. The fare with tax is about $1175 each. Based on the fares I'm getting with Orbitz and Travelocity this appears to be the best deal out there right now, but how is this fare in general? It seems pretty good to me, but if it's common for DL or UA to offer a $1000ish F fare from LAX or SFO I may be inclinded to go with that instead.

On this other hand HA gives me Elite Qualifying Miles on HP....
Old Dec 11, 2004, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by andrewp
We're considering a return to Maui over the Memorial Day weekend after returning from a fantastic Thanksgiving trip. For the past visit I had the benefit of some free F tickets on Delta... this time I actually have to pay

I currently have two HA F (P actually) tickets on hold for PHX-OGG on May 26, returning May 31. The fare with tax is about $1175 each. Based on the fares I'm getting with Orbitz and Travelocity this appears to be the best deal out there right now, but how is this fare in general? It seems pretty good to me, but if it's common for DL or UA to offer a $1000ish F fare from LAX or SFO I may be inclinded to go with that instead.

I would suggest that you take a look at HA's website and see what specials that they are offering after Christmas (Jan thru Mar). They usually offer some deals for F. Compare your fares to those fares and see if you are getting a good deal.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 6:45 am

Programs: DL PM / MM Ex UA & US Gold Starwood & Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by formeraa
I would suggest that you take a look at HA's website and see what specials that they are offering after Christmas (Jan thru Mar). They usually offer some deals for F. Compare your fares to those fares and see if you are getting a good deal.
I agree I have seen $499.00 each way in First on Hawaiian's website.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Thanks for the very good advice. I priced some fares in the Jan-Feb timeframe for the same days of the week and cam up with $1177 RT so I guess that this is as good as it's going to get for now. If the $499 OW fares ever do show up I'm not going to be too upset as it's only a $125 difference in the base fare...

Does anyone see a chance that DL or UA my match this at some point in the future or do they just attempt to ignore HA?

Thanks!
Old Dec 12, 2004, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
I doubt UA or DL will match that fare. HA usually has the cheapest fare on their website when it comes down to F class sales. You might want to wait until 90 days to departure to see if the fares go down, although pretty unlikely.

aloha
Old Dec 12, 2004, 11:20 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
This is not bad

Originally Posted by andrewp

The fare will never drop below $1000 if history is any example. The only lower fare you might get is if you sign up for the HA Visa Platinum card which regularly offers FC at $899 for card holders if you book on line. The enrollment bonus is not bad (10k for the $50 fee) but then you would have to be earning HA and not HP
Aloha
Old Dec 12, 2004, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by sanFF
The fare will never drop below $1000 if history is any example. The only lower fare you might get is if you sign up for the HA Visa Platinum card which regularly offers FC at $899 for card holders if you book on line. The enrollment bonus is not bad (10k for the $50 fee) but then you would have to be earning HA and not HP
Aloha
Couldn't the OP couldn't book with a HA miles number and then switch his/her FF number at the gate? Just a thought.

aloha
Old Jan 9, 2005, 7:24 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Diamond, AA LT Gold, SouthWest Comp Pass
Originally Posted by sanFF
Aloha
Where can I get more info on the $899 FC for card holders? Is that something that is always offered or only from time to time?
Old Jan 9, 2005, 7:35 pm

Once you get a HA credit card, you get 5000 miles for joining $50 annual fee,
4 drinks and 2 headsets plus I got a 50% off coupon for full fare

You also get the ability to accept HA mile transfer from others for free and various offers.

When you log in at www.hawaiianair.com there are often deals for HA cc holders such as the $499 OW or $899 plus fees F tickets. These deals are only about 90 days in advance for some but others last 6 months at a time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.