Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Economy Class on Hawaiian Air A330-200 (Seats/Meals/Etc.)" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Economy Class on Hawaiian Air A330-200 (Seats/Meals/Etc.)" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by pkerr
Bulkheads somewhat... 2 or 3 rows back not really, though just being in a plane causes some stress.
That's why, when we can, we opt for F but that's obviously not always possible.
That "mini cabin", is there just one row of 2x4x2 and the one behind is a 4 and that's it?
Thanks
If you want to increase the sense of space, the aisle seats in the first row of coach jut out a bit and will give you more “openness. “
Old Sep 17, 2022, 9:30 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by pkerr
Regarding the mini cabin. For someone who is claustrophobic, would this NOT be a good choice?
Thanks
An issue with the "mini cabin" is that economy pax like to loiter in the aisles while waiting for the lavs.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by Tanic
An issue with the "mini cabin" is that economy pax like to loiter in the aisles while waiting for the lavs.
But the lavs are behind the mini-cabin rows.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA-Plat
We have never had anyone congregating in the mini cabin while in flight. An unexpected benefit was that we were first off the flight. The FA's held everyone from row 14 back until the mini cabin and first class disembarked.

Last edited by hawaii-bound; Sep 18, 2022 at 11:45 am
Old Sep 19, 2022, 7:37 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Thanks everyone for your very helpful information.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 7:34 am

A330 Row 17 Misaligned Window

Had to change our upcoming flight due to illness. Lost our coveted 11A&B seats from LAX to OGG. We are now seated in 17 A&B, but according to Seat Guru this row has a misaligned window. Can anyone tell me how badly it is misaligned? Can’t see much over the ocean, but don’t want to feel claustrophobic for 5+ hours. Thanks for any insight.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 11:15 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
You might be able to see forward provided that the 16A pax doesn't lower the shade, but no window aligned with 17A. https://www.aerolopa.com/ha-332
Old Jan 30, 2023, 1:37 pm

You might be able to see forward provided that the 16A pax doesn't lower the shade, but no window aligned with 17A. https://www.aerolopa.com/ha-332
Mahalo Tanic! Just what I was looking for!
Old Jun 2, 2023, 2:06 pm

Seat advice please - Airbus 330

Wife & I are taking our 3 young-teens on a trip to Hawaii, wondering if any seasoned travelers can give any feedback about this set of 3 seat-centers in the back of the plane. I previously flew on a similar widebody in row 20-something and loved it, never thought to look towards the rear.

We're thinking of grabbing 43 A.B.C.D.E, keeping our 3 daughters together with nobody next to them, and DW & I to the left across a (very large) aisle.

As this block of seats is one of the few large clusters that aren't taken I'm guessing there's something wrong with them, but after much searching I've come up with nothing.

Aside from being the last to deplane, am I making a mistake grabbing these seats?
Old Jun 2, 2023, 3:08 pm

Grab them while you can. If you need more time to think about it and later change your mind, there is no charge to change your seats.

While I have never near that area on a Hawaiian plane, the worst that can happen is queuing up for the lavs.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 5:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, DL Silver Medallion
Because of the link between "front of plane" and "first class/expensive" I think most people automatically want to sit as far forward as possible mostly due to perceived prestige.

Personally, if I sit in Y, I actually prefer to be near the restrooms at the back. I always chose a window seat way back there before I had status (and could also afford to splurge on domestic F seats.) If I got up, I could walk a few paces in the galley, and it was easy to ask an FA for anything I needed.

Unless you have a connection to make, I see zero down side to sitting toward the back.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 3:13 pm

Its been many years since I've flown HA as they've removed the A330 from the bay area. How are the 2 seats on the sides near the back of the plane (rows 43, 44, 45)? Would those be better than row 40?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.