Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Economy Class on Hawaiian Air A330-200 (Seats/Meals/Etc.)" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2019, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

First time flying on Hawaiian. Usually fly AA & Delta previously with mileage points. We were very impressed with comfort and service.
Love the seats 43CEG in the back. Seat G has open space to the right and you can stretch and store your bag underneath seat 42G. Close
to the lavs and gallery behind. Great for family of 3 or 5 (taking either side w/ 2 seats). Booked the same seats coming back also!
Aidan likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Great! I'm flying Economy Comfort on Saturday -- will certainly report back!
Old Jul 16, 2019, 3:47 am

I find there warm service elevates the product. I was in the 767 HA plane many year back for a HNL-SYD in economy. Seats were cramped but had a great flight because of the lovely crew..

A330 would be more spacious..
Old May 31, 2022, 7:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Blue
Interestingly I can see Rows 22-30 AB HJ, and CDEF up to rows 23 (starting behind Extra Comfort) are now being charged 19$-23$ as "Preferred Seats" for my HNL-LAX flight in October. Nothing of the sorts in my LAX-LIH flight on the A321neo though.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 11:24 am

Change of heart … decided on extra legroom on the Hawaiian A330 from LAX. One of the few wide bodies left. I read all I could on the row 11/12 mini cabin and it seems like the best. So for the two seats on either end of row 11, would like any recent feedback before I book. What I gathered so far is:
Pretty private mini cabin
There is enough overhead storage for small personal bags (since no underseat storage there)?
Can you stream movies or tv to your personal IPAD vs their flip up IFE?
Some confusion among reviews but assume in the end that seats a/b or H/j do indeed recline?

Any help appreciated. Per suggestion above, I looked at the price trends over the year and don’t see much opportunity for lower fare. With only four of these seats available I’m going to book now.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Nov 3, 2023 at 9:35 am Reason: moved into existing thread where the questions are more topical
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: AA-Plat
Originally Posted by TravelinDan51
Change of heart … decided on extra legroom on the Hawaiian A330 from LAX. One of the few wide bodies left. I read all I could on the row 11/12 mini cabin and it seems like the best. So for the two seats on either end of row 11, would like any recent feedback before I book. What I gathered so far is:
Pretty private mini cabin
There is enough overhead storage for small personal bags (since no underseat storage there)?
Can you stream movies or tv to your personal IPAD vs their flip up IFE?
Some confusion among reviews but assume in the end that seats a/b or H/j do indeed recline?

Any help appreciated. Per suggestion above, I looked at the price trends over the year and don’t see much opportunity for lower fare. With only four of these seats available I’m going to book now.
Recently flew HA A330 from HNL to SAN in row 11EG middle bulkhead - it was a delightful flight in the mini-cabin with plenty of legroom and a quick exit upon arrival. The AB/HJ seats do recline so that would also be a good option. The flight attendants held the rows from 14 back until rows 11/12 and first class exited.

You are correct, no underseat storage but there was more than adequate storage for our two roller cases and our personal belongings. We try to avoid checked bags these days.

I believe you can stream movies and shows from your personal device but we load shows and movies to watch so did not use any entertainment options available.

Last edited by hawaii-bound; Jul 2, 2022 at 11:37 am
Old Jul 2, 2022, 3:17 pm

Excellent. Thanks to all. I booked it. Lax to Ogg seats 11H/J. Even got 5% coupon code so now I’m rich. 😀. Too bad the car rental costs more than the plane for two but hey …. Can’t have everything.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 9:50 pm

Hawaiian's A330 does not offer streaming capabilities, but the inflight entertainment through your individual video screen has a lot of options. It's one thing that I miss in the current first class setup where those systems were removed and replaced with iPads which don't have as many options (especially short segment content like TV shows).
Old Aug 14, 2022, 10:46 am

OGG-LAX flight 34 A330 Row 11 Seats H, J

Can anyone confirm that these seats on HA do not recline? Reserved this mini area do to the extra legroom but the reservation phone agent said
these seats do not recline?

Last edited by DebbieF; Aug 14, 2022 at 11:02 am
Old Aug 15, 2022, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They recline.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 4:20 pm

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
you might check seatguru for more details about these seats: SeatGuru Seat Map Hawaiian Airlines
Old Sep 16, 2022, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Regarding the mini cabin. For someone who is claustrophobic, would this NOT be a good choice?
Thanks
Old Sep 16, 2022, 10:33 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by pkerr
Regarding the mini cabin. For someone who is claustrophobic, would this NOT be a good choice?
Thanks
It is not like going into an MRI, Does the claustrophobic person have difficulties with sitting in a bulkhead seat or 2-3 rows behind one? If not, no problem.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by 747FC
It is not like going into an MRI, Does the claustrophobic person have difficulties with sitting in a bulkhead seat or 2-3 rows behind one? If not, no problem.
Bulkheads somewhat... 2 or 3 rows back not really, though just being in a plane causes some stress.
That's why, when we can, we opt for F but that's obviously not always possible.
That "mini cabin", is there just one row of 2x4x2 and the one behind is a 4 and that's it?
Thanks
Old Sep 17, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: AA-Plat
Originally Posted by pkerr
Bulkheads somewhat... 2 or 3 rows back not really, though just being in a plane causes some stress.
That's why, when we can, we opt for F but that's obviously not always possible.
That "mini cabin", is there just one row of 2x4x2 and the one behind is a 4 and that's it?
Thanks
Yes - 2 rows 12 seats total

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.