Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

A rare glitch in HA's usually good service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2020, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus

Flew LAS-HON-KOA and back on HA and my wife and I each paid $89 each way for extra comfort seats on the longer flight and $10 each each way for extra comfort seats on the HON-KOA flight. Due to mechanical problems the LAS-HON flight was 90 minutes late and we missed our connecting flight to KOA. We got seats in the last row on the next flight to KOA and were glad to get them. But when I asked HA for a refund for the extra comfort upcharge, HA said NO. Extra comfort charges are never refundable. Seems like a very customer unfriendly policy. I would be really annoyed if this happened on the longer flight at $89 each way per person.

That said, the extra comfort seats on the longer flight and complimentary meal and entertainment were excellent.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 1:35 am

Were you trying to get a refund of the extra legroom seats on HNL-KOA? If so, those are technically "preferred" seats, and not "extra comfort", and so the agent might just have been an extreme stickler and assumed you wanted the $89 LAS-HNL extra comfort seats refunded. I would try again with the HA Consumer Affairs Office and specifically note that it was an involuntary downgrade on HNL-KOA from preferred to regular due to HA mechanical, and you are requesting the refund on preferred seating fees.
formeraa likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus
Since it was only $20 I'm not going to pursue it. However, thanks for pointing out that I need to know the difference between preferred and extra comfort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.