Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Best way to buy 3 F tickets, as they’re more expensive compared to 3 individual F tix

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best way to buy 3 F tickets, as they’re more expensive compared to 3 individual F tix

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2019, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak

Best way to buy 3 F tickets? “Cheap” F is easy for 1 or 2 tickets. But to buy 3 tickets, it will cost much more.
Sfo-ogg - there are only 24 or 30 F seats.
Should I just buy 2 separate bookings of 1 ticket and 2 tickets?
Old Jul 21, 2019, 5:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You have not specified the air carrier, so this is simply a generalization. But, generally, all tickets in a PNR must be issued in the same fare basis. Thus, if there are only 2 "cheap" F tickets and you try to purchase 3, all 3 will price at the more expensive fare bucket.

There is rarely a reason to purchase tickets in the same PNR without status and especially flying in F. I would purchase each of the tickets separately. That way, the first 2 will be at the "cheap" F and you will pay the higher fare bucket only for the third ticket.

If you provide the air carrier, this can be confirmed.
trooper likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Sorry! HA :-)
Old Jul 21, 2019, 7:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
That's it. Just buy them separately.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
Buy them separately and after it is ticketed call the HA res line and have them "link" the PNRs. They will put a note in each record mentioning the other one(s) just in case something happens they know you are all traveling together just by looking at one PNR. I have done this several times with HA for the same reason the OP has.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by inlanikai
Buy them separately and after it is ticketed call the HA res line and have them "link" the PNRs. They will put a note in each record mentioning the other one(s) just in case something happens they know you are all traveling together just by looking at one PNR. I have done this several times with HA for the same reason the OP has.
thank you. I should book soon.
May I book using same cc even though it will be separate bookings?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.