Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Auckland Lounge for Business-Class Passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2018, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE

Does anyone have any recent experience as to which lounge HA offers its business-class passengers prior to departure in Auckland?

Also, is HA's Auckland checkin open 3 hours before departure, or more?

Many thanks!

Edit: Found HA's specific website: Checkin is open at 830 PM. The lounge is listed as the "Emperor Lounge," but according to the Auckland Airport website, this does not exist. Likely, the lounge is the "Strata Lounge," which visually appears like the Emperor Lounge. The Strata Lounge is also a Priority Pass Lounge.

Last edited by 747FC; Feb 11, 2018 at 2:22 pm Reason: Answered my own questions.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 11:45 pm

The Emperor Lounge closed late last year and was the go-to lounge for all non *A or OW airlines at Auckland. It was run by Auckland airport but then upstairs where the Air NZ *G lounge, the Qantas lounge and the Emirate lounge is located a new space became available so Auckland Airport moved their Emperor lounge from downstairs to the new location upstairs and have renamed it the Strata lounge.

I don't really understand why they needed to rename it but all access policies have remained the same so HA business class passengers will get access to the new Strata lounge.

Currently, there are 12 airlines on the guest list...

Oneworld
Malaysia Airlines (Business Class and Oneworld Emerald/Saphire +1 prior to MH flights only)
SkyTeam
China Airlines, China Eastern, China Southern and Korean Air (Business Class and SkyTeam Elite +1)
Other Carriers
Hainan Airlines (Business Class and Silver +0, Gold +1, Platinum +2), Philippine Airlines (Business Class and Elite +0, Premier Elite +1 and MillionMiler +2), Virgin Australia (Business Class and Gold/Platinum +1 prior to Pacific Island flights), Hawaiian Airlines (Business Class), Sichuan Airlines (Business Class), Hong Kong Airlines (Business Class and Gold +1, Platinum +2), Tianjin Airlines (Business Class)
LIH Prem and FlyinHawaiian like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.