Earning Miles on HA

Old Jan 10, 18, 1:36 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Programs: AA Exec Plat, SPG Plat
Posts: 646
Earning Miles on HA

I'm planning on booking a one-way first class ticket between HNL-KOA and was curious which FF mile program would be best to "earn" on between AA, UA or DL. Do you get any miles on any of them?

Looking at the AA website, I think I would get award miles, but not EQD or EQMs. Not sure if I read that right.
puchalskir is offline  
Old Jan 10, 18, 4:13 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: HNL
Programs: AA EXP, HA Pua Plat
Posts: 444
You only get miles on UA if the HA flight is part of a UA ticket. On AA, you get miles flown plus a 50% bonus for first class. Award miles only, no EQMs unless it's an AA codeshare. On DL, you get miles flown, award miles and EQMs.

HA's website does not allow for adding third party frequent flyer numbers, so you will need to call them to make these arrangements.
Kumulani is offline  
Old Jan 11, 18, 11:19 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Programs: AA Exec Plat, SPG Plat
Posts: 646
Originally Posted by Kumulani View Post
You only get miles on UA if the HA flight is part of a UA ticket. On AA, you get miles flown plus a 50% bonus for first class. Award miles only, no EQMs unless it's an AA codeshare. On DL, you get miles flown, award miles and EQMs.

HA's website does not allow for adding third party frequent flyer numbers, so you will need to call them to make these arrangements.
Thanks!
puchalskir is offline  
Old Jan 18, 18, 12:39 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: SJC/SFO
Programs: UR, TYP, MR, AA, WN, BA, AS, Priceline, Radisson, Hyatt, IHG, Wyndham, Hilton
Posts: 1,267
For SFO-NHL-PPT flight what is the best program to credit miles, cause I'm not very interested in HA miles (don't have any)? I'd be interested in AA, KE, B6, NH or VS miles. The tickets are class I. Thanks.

Last edited by yugi; Jan 18, 18 at 1:00 am
yugi is offline  
Old Jan 18, 18, 10:38 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: HNL
Programs: AA EXP, HA Pua Plat
Posts: 444
Originally Posted by yugi View Post
For SFO-NHL-PPT flight what is the best program to credit miles, cause I'm not very interested in HA miles (don't have any)? I'd be interested in AA, KE, B6, NH or VS miles. The tickets are class I. Thanks.
AA does not earn miles on HA flights to North America. B6 does not earn points on HA long-haul I class. NH is ending their partnership with HA soon, and they only earn miles on interisland flights anyway. That leaves KE and VS. Each will earn 50% of miles flown in I class.
Kumulani is offline  
Old Jan 18, 18, 10:48 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: SJC/SFO
Programs: UR, TYP, MR, AA, WN, BA, AS, Priceline, Radisson, Hyatt, IHG, Wyndham, Hilton
Posts: 1,267
Originally Posted by Kumulani View Post
AA does not earn miles on HA flights to North America. B6 does not earn points on HA long-haul I class. NH is ending their partnership with HA soon, and they only earn miles on interisland flights anyway. That leaves KE and VS. Each will earn 50% of miles flown in I class.
Great, I think I will choose KE.
yugi is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread