Wiki Posts
Search

Earning Miles on HA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Earning Miles on HA

I'm planning on booking a one-way first class ticket between HNL-KOA and was curious which FF mile program would be best to "earn" on between AA, UA or DL. Do you get any miles on any of them?

Looking at the AA website, I think I would get award miles, but not EQD or EQMs. Not sure if I read that right.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP
You only get miles on UA if the HA flight is part of a UA ticket. On AA, you get miles flown plus a 50% bonus for first class. Award miles only, no EQMs unless it's an AA codeshare. On DL, you get miles flown, award miles and EQMs.

HA's website does not allow for adding third party frequent flyer numbers, so you will need to call them to make these arrangements.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Kumulani
You only get miles on UA if the HA flight is part of a UA ticket. On AA, you get miles flown plus a 50% bonus for first class. Award miles only, no EQMs unless it's an AA codeshare. On DL, you get miles flown, award miles and EQMs.

HA's website does not allow for adding third party frequent flyer numbers, so you will need to call them to make these arrangements.
Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 11:39 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
For SFO-NHL-PPT flight what is the best program to credit miles, cause I'm not very interested in HA miles (don't have any)? I'd be interested in AA, KE, B6, NH or VS miles. The tickets are class I. Thanks.

Last edited by yugi; Jan 18, 2018 at 12:00 am
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by yugi
For SFO-NHL-PPT flight what is the best program to credit miles, cause I'm not very interested in HA miles (don't have any)? I'd be interested in AA, KE, B6, NH or VS miles. The tickets are class I. Thanks.
AA does not earn miles on HA flights to North America. B6 does not earn points on HA long-haul I class. NH is ending their partnership with HA soon, and they only earn miles on interisland flights anyway. That leaves KE and VS. Each will earn 50% of miles flown in I class.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by Kumulani
AA does not earn miles on HA flights to North America. B6 does not earn points on HA long-haul I class. NH is ending their partnership with HA soon, and they only earn miles on interisland flights anyway. That leaves KE and VS. Each will earn 50% of miles flown in I class.
Great, I think I will choose KE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.