Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Fort Lauderdale dinner for NYE?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fort Lauderdale dinner for NYE?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2008, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver
Smile Fort Lauderdale dinner for NYE?

Hello all,

So my boyfriend (25) and I (28) are going to be spending New Year's Eve in Ft. Lauderdale (staying at the Ritz)...it's our first one together so it's going to be quite special.

Neither of us are that familiar with FLL, but I know many of you on here are! We're probably not going to go out and party hard that night, and will have drinks earlier in the evening w/ some friends in South Beach, but here is my question...

Do any of you have any good restaurant recommendations for FLL? Nothing too crazy and our tastes are open, but what are your fav restaurants in Fort Lauderdale? Something hip, ahead of the curve, or an old favorite in FLL that has stood the test of time.

Thanks in advance. :-)

--OxyChaz
Old Dec 29, 2008, 12:34 am

Programs: AA EXP;*Wood PLT; HH Diamond
A great LGBT exclusive option is Hi-Life Cafe off Oakland Park Blvd although NYE reservations there will be hard to get this late. If you want a greater variety then it is Wilton Drive (Galanga, Rosies, Siam House, or even Tropics - but you two would be the youngest in the house with that last one)/

Several friends are joining us at the Himmarahsee in the downtown performing arts district - we have reserved ouside seating to watch the street show - the menu for NYE is very good (5 course package at 100 pp inc. 1 bottle)and reservations are still available for smaller parties. There are two gay clubs next door and the city has fireworks at midnight on the New River ( I must admit that i have never been downtown in FLL for new years before having lived here for more then 10 years).

If you just want a great dining experience then I would have other suggestions if you give me an idea of what fare you are looking for (Hi_life cafe would still be on that list!)

-T

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.