Wiki Posts
Search

Bali

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2007, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BMI Blue +, Hilton Gold, SOFITEL PRIV
Bali

hey guys am travelling to bali in indonisia for first time, anyone give me any tip advice on gay life bars massage etc

many thanks
Old Apr 29, 2007, 4:36 am

Programs: QF
Gay Bali

Bali is one of the most fantastic places on earth.

There are many great gay venues and hotels.

Be careful. Although the locals are very gay friendly, recently the authorities from Java have been raiding gay clubs looking for drugs. As a few Australians can testify, drugs (or being planted with drugs by the police) can end you up in prison for a very long time or worse.

There is a street in Legian where there are plenty of gay venues. Any taxi driver will know where to go. Be careful.

For a luxurous gay villa to stay try Laxsmana Villas. Gay owned and very nice. www.laksmanavillas.com
Its in a great part of Bali where the local venues are very gay friendly and being away from the 'gay street' may make life a alot safer.

To eat try La Luciolla in Seminyak. Gay owned and fabulous
For a drink try Ku De Ta in Seminyak. Lots of gay boys here.
Ask for Stephen or Robert at Laxsmana Villas Seminyak. They are the owners and will point you to all the right gay places in Bali and will make sure you don't end up in Krobakan Prison.

You will have lots of fun.
Old May 2, 2007, 12:20 am

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Clubs? Two words... disco nap. None of the bars (Kudos, Q-bar and Liquid) in Seminyak get going until midnight. Even the "girls" at Hu'u doesn't do their show till 11 pm. And Dejavu and Double 6 only gets packed at 3 am.

Am not going to Bali to get more eyebags so I'm sticking to my afternoon massages at Callego next to the beach. The therapists are straight but it is one of the best places to enjoy the outdoors along Seminyak.
Old May 4, 2007, 8:18 am

Programs: UA Million Miler
Also considering a trip to Bali over Xmas. But I hear December's one of the rainier months if not the most. Would that stop anyone?
Old May 4, 2007, 9:58 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
During the rainy season, it rains but usually not all day. You may have more cloudier days but it is still warm and tropical.

Bali is magical and mystical, gay life is friendly and interesting. Clubs are packed and smoky. Music is usually loud and unless you are used to euro clubs, take earplugs.

^ ^ ^ for Bali. A bit touristy but well worth a visit.
Old May 5, 2007, 7:21 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Something to think about: Christmas-New Year's is basically the peak peak peak season in Bali. Bali experiences a summer peak in August when Australians are on school break.* It experiences another one of greater significance over Christmas, when not only Australians but lots of Europeans visit, plus North Asians as well. That means prices will be higher for everything and venues, from clubs to beaches to temples to restaurants, will be packed to the gills. Mr. Megatop and I met from gay FlyerTalkers from DC in Hong Kong last year just be New Year's. They had just come in from their first trip to Bali. They were disappointed because they spent so much time stuck in traffic and couldn't really see as much of the island as they wanted to.

Mr. Megatop and I have gone twice in May, when the weather is beautiful and the crowds are gone. We absolutely love Bali. But I don't think we'd love it so much in December. Unfortunately, we won't make it this May, but I'm already anxious to book our trip for May 2008.

*Bali:Australians::Cancun:Americans. For many, it's a first trip abroad and a teenager or college kid. Kuta has lots of downmarket areas that cater to that crowd, students, backpackers and so forth. But Bali is a huge island and it has lots of other areas, with the full range of places to stay and things to see. My point is: be careful about traveling halfway around the world to discover paradise and find instead Spring Break in Cancun, just with Aussies and Balinese instead of Gringos and Mexicans.

Last edited by MegatopLover; May 5, 2007 at 7:27 am
Old May 5, 2007, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree that Bali is a lot like an Australian Cancun. There's some interesting stuff there, but you have to get past all of the drunk 19 year old (not particularly gay-friendly) Australian kids. Prostitution is also a huge problem there. The gay bars are no exception.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 11:49 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Hi all,

I'm heading to a conference in Bali in August, rather than book into the standard conference hotels I thought I might try something a little more 'gay'.

Anybody have any experiences of any of the clothing optional villas that are advertised, or can recommend any other places to stay?

I will need to be reasonably accessible to Nusa Dua (where the conference centre is located).

Looking forward to hearing some great suggestions!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.