Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

OKTOBERFEST GAYLA 2009: Munich, Germany Sept 18-20 “Will Bavaria Ever Be The Same?”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OKTOBERFEST GAYLA 2009: Munich, Germany Sept 18-20 “Will Bavaria Ever Be The Same?”

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2009, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA2MM LIFETIME PLT, Turkish Miles&Smiles Elite, Marriott Plat
We're just back from the Saturday Walking Tour. Our guide Jared did a great job of giving us the history on this amazing city. We had some pretty tired campers throghout but some managed to throw back a beer when we stopped along the way!

I've just uploaded the walking tour pics to the website. Have a look!

It's disco nap time and then I should be a new man!

See you all for cocktails at 8:00pm at the Four Points!
Old Sep 19, 2009, 7:56 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Finally at LeMeridien. Going to walk around for a bit and possibly sneak in a power nap. Were planning to walk to the 4 Points arnd 745 so if anyone wants to walk over together we can meet in lobby. See you all soon!
Old Sep 19, 2009, 8:51 am

Programs: UAL MM, BA G
Jealous.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 10:13 pm

Dinner was ever so fabulous... More people showed up. We called in the night earlier than most because we have to get up at 5.30 to be in line @ the tent opening at 8am!!! A whole day of drinking party..

The whole city is 99.99% drunk !!!! ....
Old Sep 20, 2009, 7:36 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Reporting live from Oktoberfest..Olafman is definitely the hostess w the mostess... Fabulous weekend and fabulous party! Love all the FTers rocking Munchen right now. Ok back to dancing on the table and swigging my litre of beer...
Old Sep 20, 2009, 8:14 am
Community Director Emerita

Inquiring minds want to know: how many FTers made it up early enough to get into the beer tent? How many tables do you have? And how many slept too late to get in? Continue having fun, guys and SeeYa!
Old Sep 20, 2009, 9:58 am

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
I just returned from the beer tent - Olafman did an amazing job getting the troops together at 7.30am to grab 7 tables for the big party. I had a lot of fun!!!
Old Sep 20, 2009, 10:20 am

oh my gosh!! Can't believe I did it!!! 4L of beers in 4 hours time!! That's a record breaking deal for me. I collapsed as soon as I get back to the hotel for nearly 2 1/2 hours of sleep!!

Olafman, You're the man !!! You did it with a "BANG!" ... All 50 or so of us who are here can sure agree with me..

Make sure, put names on the pictures!!!! How can you expect us to remember names when we were always drunk most of the time !!!

To those of you who are on "The Sound of Music" tour tomorrow, enjoy it!!! Take plenty of pictures and share it with us... I have a 4pm train back to Frankfurt Main and if I didn't get to see you guys again, it was once again a pleasant to see you all and to meet all the new faces!!

Safe trip home next week or so, and may the Upgrade Angels be upon you guys!!!

btw to Cowboy Mit Fraulein, PM me so I can add you to my fb!
Old Sep 20, 2009, 4:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SK Gold
We had a great time, although I had one beer too many and ended up sleeping with my head on the table.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 1:28 am

All I can say is wow.
Thanks so much Olafman. Wonderful time.
A deep "PROST" from the F lounge in MUC.

Last edited by 19103_aa; Sep 21, 2009 at 4:17 am Reason: spelling is tough after 5L
Old Sep 21, 2009, 2:49 am

Programs: Former DL PM, current level: tin
I had a great time, although my iPhone took an unexpected bath

That's what happens when you drink 5 L of beer in 5 hours.....

I can't wait to see the pictures! Thanks to everyone for making my first FT do a fun one!

Mike
Old Sep 21, 2009, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA2MM LIFETIME PLT, Turkish Miles&Smiles Elite, Marriott Plat
Gay Day at Oktoberfest is now just a memory and a slight hangover

What a wonderful day we had yesterday at the Oktoberfest. I so enjoyed meeting new friends and hanging out with old friends.

Almost everyone was in line at 8am and it was good we were. When we got in the tent, we snagged seven tables that were right next to each other. I really enjoyed having a whole section of Flyertalkers.

The beer started flowing soon after 9am and everyone was soon happy! Many of us had weisswurst and pretzels to coat our stomaches. Until noon, we mingled around all our tables and enjoyed the experience. At noon, the band begins playing all the Oktoberfest songs and the energy in the room doubled. The temperature also reached 90 degrees. We sang. We danced. We drank. We made new friends. We met Germans/Italians/Brits/French... At one point a British guy joined us who WASN'T a member of any frequent flyer program. Ugh! I saved him from getting lynched by the FTers there. He promised me he would get a FF number and start to use it!

One might say things got a bit messy at times but everyone managed to maintain themselves and have a good time.

I think we left around 7pm. I have no memory of looking at the time! We went back to the hotel for a quick change out of our "trachten" and then a couple of us got a bite to eat. My head hit the pillow around 10:30pm and sleep came easily.

Thanks to everyone for making this weekend one I will never forget. The participants were a great group of people. Their positive attitudes and sense of adventure helped make it a great success.

I'm back at work today but will get the pics online after work. Check the GAYLA PHOTOS section of the event website.

http://www.mrhaleyonline.com/flyerta...LA_Photos.html

We won't be living in Germany any more next Oktoberfest. In fact we'll be spending the month of October on Madagascar. Anyone up for a GAYLA Lemur DO?

Today I've been sitting at my desk thinking of all the wonderful moments that happened this past weekend. A big smile is stuck on my face.

-Olafman (Carl)
Old Sep 21, 2009, 6:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
What a great weekend. Olafman did a fantastic job as host. It was great seeing old FT friends, and making new ones. Good times were definitely had by all.

Now, what exactly happened Sunday at Oktoberfest I'm not quite sure. 7 liters of beer will do it to you. But I do remember we had a fantastic time at our table. Everyone was a blast, while they were conscious that is. You know who you are(ikura!). Somehow I did manage to walk back to my hotel, grab some food, draw myself a bath(how gay is that?!), and tuck myself in.

Sadly the weekend is over. But the memories will be cherished forever.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 1:05 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
The photos are awesome! Wish I coulda been there!
Old Sep 21, 2009, 3:27 pm

Programs: Bombay Sapphire; Sephora Plat
Now that my levels of blood in beer are coming back to normal I have to say WOW olafman! What a blast has been this weekend!!! I still don't know how I managed to survive those 6L but soemhow I did and I'm proud of it!

Now, I remember you dared me to do something, so I hope to see you in Andorra to prove you wrong!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.