Wiki Posts
Search

New Year's eve in Paris?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2008, 8:52 pm
BCH
Original Poster

Arrow New Year's eve in Paris?

Does anyone have any suggestions for cool activities/places for New Year's eve?

Is Le Queen still hot? Will it have a NYE party?

Any other places? Or should we just find any fun bar and plant ourselves there?

Thanks in advance!

BCH
Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:15 am
BCH
Original Poster

nearly sixty views and no suggestions? I guess we'll just have to watch TV in our hotel room.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 4:51 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by BCH
nearly sixty views and no suggestions? I guess we'll just have to watch TV in our hotel room.
OK, I'll reply this time

My partner and I were in Paris for NYE a few years back. Unfortunately, his mother was with us. We made dinner reservations at a hotel on Rivoli across from the the Louvre. They had party favors and a balloon drop at midnight. It was actually kind of fun. The city also had a fireworks show at the Eiffel Tower.

I can't recommend any clubs in Paris for NYE (sorry!) as I prefer being outside at midnight. One year in Madrid was great fun, lots of fireworks, people dancing in the streets all night. Same for Amsterdam. The best NYE for me, however, was 2001 in Rio. Partner and I are going to Sydney for NYE this year. We'll see how that compares.

I'm sure if you do an online search, you'll find the websites for the Paris clubs fairly easily. They're bound to have advertisements for what's going on on NYE.

Enjoy Paris! And Happy New Year!
Old Dec 5, 2008, 11:35 am

I highly recommend looking at Nightours, for suggestions on nightlife.
http://www.nighttours.com/paris/

Incidently, I may be there around New Years as well.
Staying in the 3/4 eme Arr.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 3:09 pm
BCH
Original Poster

right now we're booked at The Westin on Rivoli, but we're contemplating staying at Duo in 4th (rue du Temple).

Originally Posted by meFIRST
Incidently, I may be there around New Years as well.
Staying in the 3/4 eme Arr.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 2:48 pm
BCH
Original Poster

Plans changed. We're staying at Hotel Beaumarchais now at least for part of our visit. Hopefully that will be fun, and not too long of a treck to Marais.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 2:50 pm
BCH
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EastbayMike
I'm sure if you do an online search, you'll find the websites for the Paris clubs fairly easily. They're bound to have advertisements for what's going on on NYE.
Funny enough, but on all the websites of various clubs that I found, none advertised a special NYE event. Perhaps it is just assumed that all these places will have special events? I just don't want to go anywhere that would be empty or boring.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 3:25 am

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
Raidd mailed me this week with an ad for their Christmas Eve and NYE events, which only states that they will be "open all night to celebrate the New Year" - it's a popular bar and I'm sure it will be rammed on NYE with gorgeous young Frenchmen. Watch out for the men in the shower... I'm in Paris over xmas and if I pick up any free mags or flyers I'll let you know.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by meFIRST
I highly recommend looking at Nightours, for suggestions on nightlife.
http://www.nighttours.com/paris/
My husband and I are in Paris right now (leaving Dec30) and that website is fascinating (great map!) -- but also frustrating, because it includes obsolete info and blank writeups with no info on some venues. Is it just me, or is a quality web site just not required around here? I've tried to research more than a few bars, clubs, etc and found almost no information on them. It's challenging when we've only planned 1-2 nights out while here, and we can't decide which club might be enjoyable. This thread and the "best glbt club" thread are in my top five resources so far -- scary!
Old Dec 28, 2008, 3:19 am

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Morland
I'm in Paris over xmas and if I pick up any free mags or flyers I'll let you know.
Agree with cam_mcleod that info is hard to get about Paris events in advance, but the free mags are generally a decent resource - 2X is the main one, but M ("Males a Bars") seems to be OK. There will be a new issue of 2X covering New Year, but the Christmas edition has some ads for New Year events. You can pick it up at many bars, or during the daytime at the gay bookshop "les Mots a les Bouches" or the sex shops IEM of which there are a few around town. Also I see from the ad in the current issue that the entire magazine is now available at www.2xparis.fr - if your French is up to it.

Anyway, for Hogmanay:
Bars with special events - Palmier, Raidd, Mixer, Blue Square, Eagle, Banana Cafe, Bears Den
Clubbing/Cruising - Depot, Entre deux eaux, CUD, La Scene, Queen, DMX

Have fun... we'll be back in Paris on 2/3 Jan, probably hanging out at Raidd (if they let us in - the door staff are getting stricter about 'regulars only', or maybe they just don't like the look of us) or Bears Den...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.