Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NYC Gayla II 9/12-14 2008

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2008, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Priceline Titanium
More hotel news - checking Priceline and Hotwire, things are starting to show up.

On Better Bidding someone reported a win of the Millenium Hilton at $180 (they tried $170 and it was rejected) of our dates. If you know what you're doing on priceline, I'd recommend starting at $171 and using some midtown zones as rebids (if you get your hotel in midtown instead, do you care? )

A hotel that corresponds to the amenties for the Millenium Hilton is also showing up on Hotwire at $224/night. You can get another 5% off that if you have a Discover Card by making the purchase through their shopping portal with the card.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 5:17 pm

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush Elite, AA Plat, BA Blue, and a host of others.
put me down as workin on it.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 8:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
My Apologies for my Absence

Hi Trannies and Tranny Chasers...

So sorry for my prolonged absence! Work has just been absolutely dreadful the last few months. I mean, they just keep insisting that I go down to Buenos Aires and over to London all the time. *sigh* Rife's lough, kids.

Well, good news is that I'm already cracking my knuckles and stretching my muscles trying to put together a jam-packed after-dark itinerary for the weekend. There have been some changes to the scene, and some old standbys are still around. I'm ferosh-ily scouring the pages of HX and Next trying to find just the right locales and watering holes for all you Flyboys!

Anyway, just wanted to officially confirm my presence to the group, and looking forward to seeing you "as usual....or for the first time." (Extra tranny points goes to the first person to respond with the source of that quote! )

Until September....

- The Tickety Tack Super Tranny
Old Jul 30, 2008, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Got you down, dfotn, so work it!

Thank you for checking in, Tranny. I count on your fierceness for advanced entertainment!

And another decent price for a hotel offering - this time in Brooklyn in a new hotel at $169 nightly, (thanks to nroscoe for the sharp-eyed catch!)
Old Jul 30, 2008, 11:53 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
If people are willing to stay a bit further away.... Hotel Riverside Hotel which is located at 342 West 71st in Manhattan. They have a rate of $113.33 for one double bed... it gets very mixed reviews... I have never stayed there.... perhaps someone here knows of the place?

Just a thought... rates are a killer that weekend.

NOTE: Looks like this is a shared bath situation... so not such a good deal.... assuming you even got past the reviews...

Last edited by wharvey; Jul 30, 2008 at 1:22 pm
Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for looking, wharvey.

Reviews here:

Photos here:
Old Jul 30, 2008, 3:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Actually, if the choices are between Jersey & Boerum Hill, take Brooklyn. It's connected to the MTA subways, and taxis are required by law and threat of the Taxi & Limo Commission to take you at all hours of the night. Plus Boerum Hill has some really cute restaurants along Smith St. All in all, if you hop on the express trains, you can be in Midtown in 15 minutes. Union Sq in 10.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 5:14 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by wharvey
If people are willing to stay a bit further away.... Hotel Riverside Hotel which is located at 342 West 71st in Manhattan. They have a rate of $113.33 for one double bed... it gets very mixed reviews... I have never stayed there.... perhaps someone here knows of the place?

Just a thought... rates are a killer that weekend.

NOTE: Looks like this is a shared bath situation... so not such a good deal.... assuming you even got past the reviews...
EEEEK - stay away!!!!!

I've been there once - 11-12 years ago (Mark & I were still dating then) - He was in NYC for an interview - stayed there - I met him there before going to the Hyatt.

The funniest part was that the car services in NYC were still using stretch limos then - so I arrived in a stretch limo.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

If anyone is looking for a Hilton award stay and can't find availability, would you PM me, please? Someone is releasing a stay.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Update - prices seem to be dropping a bit. The Millenium is now on Hotwire for $215/night from 9/12-14; it may also have dropped on Priceline.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 9:32 am

Programs: AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Citiview is booked solid through September, as are most other places under $200 per night. I had a very hard time finding a place to stay from 16-19 September. Unfortunately for the Gay-la I will be in PHL not NYC.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Hi FlyBalletGuy, just found out about this from OMNI. Why don't you put me down as "working on it" as I am scheduled to be in the city and would love to meet some FTers...
Old Aug 8, 2008, 8:11 am
Original Poster

We'd love for you to join us!

Oh my gosh. Barely over a month away. I've sent a PM to people who expressed interest - if I missed you, please PM me and let me know.

The good news is that fares are starting to creep down. If you're thinking about joining us, please let me know so I have some preliminary headcount for various events.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I am planning on going to the Metropolatain Museum either Friday or Saturday if anyone would like to go,
I also would like to see a show(matinee)on Saturday.
And Either a trip to Carnegie/Stage deli or Russ and Daughters might be fun.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz #1 President's Circle, SPG Platinum
Have booked airfare FBG. Still looking for a hotel to make me happy but I'm coming

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.