7continents
flycotoseetheyanks
howard-socal (Sunday only)
Mary2e

Last edited by FlyBalletGuy; Sep 14, 2008 at 8:48 am Reason: Attendee update
Old May 10, 2008, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Priceline Titanium
If you've indicated interest, I will be sending you contact information in a group email tomorrow (9/10/08). If you're having trouble finding me, or any other host, call us on our cellphones. PLEASE NOTE: I do not have a data plan. If a phone call will work, please call instead of sending me a text message.

Friday, September 12, 2008

4:00 pm - Friday pre-decadence culture. Meet at MoMA for Target Fridays. It's Free!

Meet at MoMA (11 West 53rd between 5-6th Avenues) outside the 53rd Street entrance. If the weather is inclement, meet people just inside the lobby.

7:00 pm - 9:00 pm Cocktails at the W, 50th Street & Lexington Avenue. (Exact details to follow shortly)

9:00 pm Dinner in the East Village, (exact details to follow) followed by

11:00 pm Advanced bar-hopping in the East Village hosted by rchavez.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Saturday at leisure, but there will be informal groups - if there's something you'd like to do, please post to the thread!. People are discussing museums or shows.

9:00 pm Saturday dinner at Pam Real Thai Encore - Good neighborhood Thai in Hells Kitchen, reasonably priced. This will be family style and prepaid and includes cocktails and hors d'ouevres before. It's $43 with two drinks (beer, wine, sake) included.

Post-dinner Hells Kitchen bar survey, once again hosted by rchavez, because he's fabulous and your host has Jewish liver and falls asleep after half a glass of wine. We will start with Barrage after dinner, (it's right across the street from Pam) and then move on.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

1:30 pm: Sunday Brunch at Whym. 889 Ninth Avenue at 58th Street. I've made a reservation for 14 in tables of 4 and 6. each table will take care of their own bill. NOTE: Please reconfirm with me by Friday morning so I can give the restaurant a more accurate head count.

Sunday dinner is a smaller group and will be more impromptu.

10 pm: The Wau Wau Sisters! at Spiegelworld, Pier 17, South Street Seaport. Click on the link for a map; the closest subway stop is the #2 or #3. Exit at Fulton Street and walk east to the Seaport.

Last edited by FlyBalletGuy; Sep 9, 2008 at 8:37 pm
Old May 10, 2008, 11:08 am

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
Please put me in as going (barring any sudden business trips). I already booked my hotel room. It will be great to see everyone.
Old May 10, 2008, 1:36 pm

how could I not come being a "local"? put me and my +1 down, and let us know how to help.

Originally Posted by FlyBalletGuy
And then Julie Atlas Muz pooed onto a Hostess Cupcake.
Pineapple!!!
Old May 11, 2008, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 2P (soon to be 1P!)
sad! id love to go, im a new gay ft'er but ill be travelling (go figure) in asia

whens the next nyc area get together
Old May 13, 2008, 10:28 am

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
Hot Mess! Fierce! Pineapple!

We're planning to be there. I'm not concrete in planning anthing that far out, but we should be good to go for the whole weekend.
Old May 13, 2008, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Ferosh! See you there, tranny.
Old May 13, 2008, 10:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Count me in as well. I'm a local, so if you need any help just let me know. This will be my first FT Do of any kind, let alone a GAYLA. Looking forward to it.
Old May 29, 2008, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Brief progress note: Pam Real Thai has us down for dinner on Saturday, September 13, but I will hammer details out with Timmy in August. I'll be working more assiduously on stuff after Independence Day.

Y'all come!
Old May 30, 2008, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I live in NYC, so I might attend.
Old May 31, 2008, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Closer to the time I will be scanning the calendar for appropriately wrong events for us to endure. Considering that last Thursday I went to the Slipper Room with JCinNYC and saw a show hosted by Mat Fraser, who has phocomelia, ("I'm a mutant! In a G-String"). Not only did he do a strip tease out of his prosthetic arms (my brain exploded) but we discovered in no uncertain terms that one part of his body is most decidedly not atrophied.

And then Julie Atlas Muz pooed onto a Hostess Cupcake.
Nothing changes-good times!

I am going to do my bestestsssss and make this.
Is there any area that we should be looking at as far as lodging?

Last edited by FlyBalletGuy; May 31, 2008 at 3:48 pm Reason: Fixed the quotes
Old May 31, 2008, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

I hope you both can make it!

We try and do events in different neighborhoods, so you're probably OK in a most of the central neighborhoods, but proximity to Hell's Kitchen (Times Square or Columbus Circle) is probably a safe bet. I'll probably try and schedule something in the East Village and possibly one Brooklyn or Queens event if there's a great place to have brunch or a must-see event.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 2:46 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
I would love to join in the festivities... any excuse to go to NYC again! I guess I'm a maybe right now... I'm going to start looking into airfare.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 9:55 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
We could go see Xanadu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAFpd...&feature=email
Old Jun 20, 2008, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, DL former Gold, AA, SPG, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Seeing that Fashion Week ends on the 12th, I will try to stay a few more days in NYC so that I can at least participate in some of the festivities. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.