Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nov 23-26...it ain't an official DO and it ain't an official Gayla, but it IS London

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nov 23-26...it ain't an official DO and it ain't an official Gayla, but it IS London

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2006, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond

A few of us from the GLBT forum that couldn't make the big London Do will be there over Thanksgiving weekend (Nov 23-26). It looks like awc4, FlyBalletGuy and I will be there and I think Guy Betsy may be as well. Anybody else gonna be there during the weekend?
Old Nov 11, 2006, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I will be in Canterbury~!

But I will make the trip to London to see you guys...(don't know about staying the nights though yet).. but alas I have to leave by the 26th !
Old Nov 11, 2006, 10:21 am

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Not a problem for me - I will be in the UK only from the 22-26 anyway. I'm free after Covent Garden latish friday night and at some point Sat afternoon or evening but need to follow with another friend as to when on Saturday she has time to meet.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 5:31 pm

Bummer we will be in Venice the 16th-26th...anyone going to be near?
Old Nov 13, 2006, 5:48 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
I'll be there as well. (London, not Venice)
Old Nov 14, 2006, 11:03 am
Original Poster

It will be pretty low key and we'll just get together twice to make it easy. The tentative plan:

Friday Nov 24 10:00ish - meet up someplace in SoHo for drinks. FlyBalletGuy will probably join us in progress since he will be attending a show that night. Please feel free to make a suggestion on a venue.

Saturday Nov 25 8:00ish - meet up someplace for a casual dinner. Please feel free to make a suggestion on a venue.

Our group so far: awc4, FlyBalletGuy, Guy Betsy, ecaarch, Tennen, Malaysian16 (possibly for Saturday)

We def welcome any others from the GLBT forum that will be in London to join us. It will be cool to attach faces to the online personalities.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Plan Update

The updated plans:

Friday Nov 24 10:00ish for drinks.
Comptons of Soho
51 - 53 Old Compton Street
London
W1D 6HN
020 7479 7961

Saturday Nov 25 8:00ish - meet up someplace for a casual dinner, possibly Ballans?

Our group so far: awc4, FlyBalletGuy, ecaarch, Tennen, Malaysian16 (Saturday), Studio76 (Friday), Skye1 (Friday), Traveloguy

I will get a PM out today with all the contact info I have.

We def welcome any others from the GLBT forum that will be in London to join us. It will be cool to attach faces to the online personalities.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 5:39 pm

I'll try to make it for drinks on Friday. Never know with my work schedule, though.

Last edited by jjpb3; Nov 27, 2006 at 11:06 am
Old Nov 17, 2006, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

jjpb3, def hope that you can make it. And drinks before dinner on Saturday sounds like a great idea. :-)
Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Attendees

Our group to date:

awc4 Fri & Sat
bcmatt* possibly Sat
ecaarch Fri & Sat
FlyBalletGuy Fri & Sat
jjpb3 maybe
Malaysian16* Sat
ScandinavianUK* maybe
Skye1* Fri
Studio76* Fri
Tennen Fri & Sat + 2
Traveloguy* Fri

*No contact information yet. If you wish to share that with the group to make it easier to meet up, please forward it.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 4:46 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Firstly, thank you for the most persuasive PMs!!

If all work goes to plan, I might just be able to make Friday evening. Will know for sure in a couple of days, but put me down (spot giggling, Studio76! ) as a confirmed maybe for now!
Old Nov 20, 2006, 5:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Just realised that HI is going to watch Scissor Sisters on Friday nite and Georgie Michael on Sat nite so I am free.

Can some PM with details as how I will recognise the rest of you?

Realised on Sunday that it was time to leave New York with all the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade participants arriving in town with their bright red jackets
Old Nov 20, 2006, 7:00 pm

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Hey ecaarch, where are we doing dinner on Sat night?

See y'all soon!
Old Nov 21, 2006, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Hey AJLondon and KenJohn - def look forward to seeing you this weekend. Looks like a nice little group is shaping up. (Organizing a group has always been a big fantasy of mine ) I'll PM you with all the contact info I have. If you have mobile numbers that you can share with the group via PM to me, that will make it easier for us all to meet up.

FlyBalletGuy, we had a suggestion for Ballans for dinner on Saturday. Anbody else wanna chime in or should we just go with it?
Old Nov 21, 2006, 6:46 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Thanks ecaarch.

I do hope you remembered to cross-post this in Community Buzz though, as per FT rules. You also might then get a few more people attending, as not all FTers would be reading this forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.