Wiki Posts
Search

First time getting hit on

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2006, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM
First time getting hit on

Ok, so I consider myself a good looking guy, but looks like I am flying the wrong airline. I was getting Starbucks in BOS UAL/AC terminal where a FA for UAL was infront of me, eyeing me I noticed. As I was putting a sugar in my Late, he asked "Where are you going to?" I honestly had to think for a LONG while as I didn't go to bed last night and just came to the airport (4am) and said YYZ. He said "thru ORD?" I said "No, on AC."

That was a first time EVER i had been hit on by a FA. I think I need to give my biz to UA.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 5:20 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
So what's the ending to the story? did you swap numbers?
Old Sep 9, 2006, 5:35 am

Programs: LH SEN, ME Cedar Miles Prestige
Is it always a "hit on" if one person friendly asks the other " where are you going"?

At least here in Europe its definetely not!
Old Sep 9, 2006, 8:10 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Jimmy67
At least here in Europe its definetely not!
Exactly!!

Infact, I've even asked that question to women before! Gosh, must be more careful, or else they might think I'm hitting on them! <shudder>
Old Sep 9, 2006, 8:25 am

Programs: US-DM Silver, UA-MP Member, Hertz-Presidents Circle, Marr Rewards-Gold Elite
answer the question with another question

Originally Posted by iCorpRoadie
Ok, so I consider myself a good looking guy, but looks like I am flying the wrong airline. I was getting Starbucks in BOS UAL/AC terminal where a FA for UAL was infront of me, eyeing me I noticed. As I was putting a sugar in my Late, he asked "Where are you going to?" I honestly had to think for a LONG while as I didn't go to bed last night and just came to the airport (4am) and said YYZ. He said "thru ORD?" I said "No, on AC."

That was a first time EVER i had been hit on by a FA. I think I need to give my biz to UA.
I would have said "No...Why do you ask?"
Old Sep 9, 2006, 9:10 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Did he really ask "through ORD"?

In iCorpRoadie's defense, in America, if someone at the airport other than a check-in agent asks someone else where you're going and you've had no prior interaction, you're suddenly up around 90% probability that someone's getting hit on--especially if it's two males and even more so if one is an FA and the other a pax.

Now, if I've decided to get friendly with an FA, it's usually once we're already in flight, so the "where are you going" ruse is a pretty lame opener. "Where are you going next?" works fairly well.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 11:23 am

Must be something about coffee!

(Probably 10 years ago now) I was getting coffee from a cart at the SF Marriott, and a Lufthansa cabin crew member looked me up and down and said "oh why can't we be checking in instead of checking out?"

Alas, there was no time to do anything. He had to get on the shuttle with the rest of the crew.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 11:46 am

Programs: Ex NW CSR
That definitely sounds flirtatious to me, although usually I'm too dense to realize when I'm being flirted with myself.

I don't really have any experience with FAs getting friendlier than their job requires them to, but I do have to say that when I flew Icelandair the summer before last, they had the highest number of attractive male FAs I've ever seen on one plane before. Come to think of it, the female FAs were all gorgeous too.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Did he really ask "through ORD"?

In iCorpRoadie's defense, in America, if someone at the airport other than a check-in agent asks someone else where you're going and you've had no prior interaction, you're suddenly up around 90% probability that someone's getting hit on--especially if it's two males and even more so if one is an FA and the other a pax.

Now, if I've decided to get friendly with an FA, it's usually once we're already in flight, so the "where are you going" ruse is a pretty lame opener. "Where are you going next?" works fairly well.
yes he did ask if i were going thru ORD. And he was hitting on me from the looks i caught him giving me.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 2:57 pm

Particularly in BOS; the men here give Ice Queen a whole new meaning.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 6:59 am
Original Poster

The Outcome was that I boraded my AC EMB175 in J class and had a nice breakfast with baileys/coffee on my way to Toronto and had an enjoyable flight. No I did not swap numbers with him as I am way to particular and I was not boarding the BOS-ORD Flight he was on. I was a bit in shock at the moment, not sure why since when I am at a bar, I can chat it up with anyone, guess I neede my drink's to get it on. lol.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 5:55 am

I wonder what it would be like ot fly with an FA that is flirting and then staying at the same hotel the crew is staying at... hmmm
Old Sep 11, 2006, 6:07 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by jackie31337
That definitely sounds flirtatious to me, although usually I'm too dense to realize when I'm being flirted with myself.
Thanks....nice to know that I'm not the only one.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 8:25 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Gay_Traveler
I wonder what it would be like ot fly with an FA that is flirting and then staying at the same hotel the crew is staying at... hmmm
Well, if the plane you flew in on had a big kangaroo on the tail, then I'd say you were in for a good time...
Old Sep 11, 2006, 9:14 pm

Programs: BA, DL, AA
Originally Posted by Gay_Traveler
Well, I had a similar situation. I was flirting with two guys at an airport (returning from a gay weekend). I did not ask what airline or destination as I was tired and they had a different airline checkin on hand. I boarded my plane... and guess who boarded and had the two seats next to me....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.