Wiki Posts
Search

Hostelling in Rio.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2006, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Skymiles, JetBlue TrueBlue
Hostelling in Rio.

Going in a week and a half. Flying to Sao Paolo, taking a bus straight to Rio for a week. I've been reading up, but its my first Brazillian experience. Anything I got to do/see/be?

Planning on a trip to Maracana for a game if possible, and all the usual stuff. Anything else I should be doing? Also planning on staying in the Botafogo neighborhood.

Is there a specific gayborhood that would be a good place to hang out in? Not looking for crazy nightlife, but it would be nice to know where to go.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 9:33 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by winodj
Going in a week and a half. Flying to Sao Paolo, taking a bus straight to Rio for a week. I've been reading up, but its my first Brazillian experience. Anything I got to do/see/be?

Planning on a trip to Maracana for a game if possible, and all the usual stuff. Anything else I should be doing? Also planning on staying in the Botafogo neighborhood.

Is there a specific gayborhood that would be a good place to hang out in? Not looking for crazy nightlife, but it would be nice to know where to go.
Maracana is so not what it used to be that you're bound to be truly disappointed. In Rio you'd be better off staying at Ipanema or Copacabana. Both are gay friendly, close to each other... Botafogo is a tad far away.

Sao Paulo is about night life, nice stores and bars/restaurants.

Going from Sao Paulo/Rio, I'd suggest you pick the downtown airports SDU/CGH, amazing views. Going by bus there isn't much to see as it goes non-stop through the highway. If you want to go by car and make the Sao Paulo-Rio through the beaches - that's something worth. Huge amount of places to stop, take some photos and meet friendly people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.