Wiki Posts
Search

Boston Pride

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2006, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM
Boston Pride

anyone traveling to Boston Pride this weekend? Just wondering. Will be flying in tomorrow SLC-BOS for the festivities....hopefully they will have the DL booth there for more prizes...

say hi via pm if you are going to be there.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by iCorpRoadie
anyone traveling to Boston Pride this weekend? Just wondering. Will be flying in tomorrow SLC-BOS for the festivities....hopefully they will have the DL booth there for more prizes...

say hi via pm if you are going to be there.
The parade happened... in the chilly rain. I really though they would postpone it, as happened about six years ago. We watched from Clarendon Street, opposite Back Bay Station. The parade lasted about an hour and fifteen minutes, with the usual mix of politcal, religous, civic, and commercial groups. Normally, we follow along and end up on the Common to hang out with friends, then go to the Fritz Block Party.

But the weather was so nasty, we bailed out and went to Pizzerina Uno for lunch and drinks. So did a lot of other people!

Hopefully SFO's Folsom Street Fair will happen with better weather -- we'll be heading out there that weekend.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 4:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
FYI tomorrow is the famous Boston Pride parade if anyone will be in town. Sunday there are a bunch of block parties and stuff. My gay friends say it's really fun. I only got to see the parade one year, but I hear it is great.

http://www.bostonpride.org/lineup2008.php
Old Jun 15, 2008, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
The parade was OK. The weather was great. The governor's daughter (just out at 18!) marched.

For the second year, they ended the parade at Boston City Hall -- a mass of brick with nowhere to sit and no shade. It used to be on the Boston Common, which was a great place to lounge around and meet up with friends.

So after the parade my friends and I just went to lunch, then shopping

From what I've heard, the change was from a relatively new Parks Commissioner, who didn't like that the Common's lawns were "ruined" by the booths and people. Uh, isn't this was a park is for? Bostonians unite! Lobby Mayor Menino to allow next year's Pride back where it belongs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.