Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gay Scene in Toronto?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2006, 7:49 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
I think some friends and I are going to head to Toronto before starting the last year of law school. We're in dire need of a week-long party...anyone have any suggestions not already covered? =)
Old Jul 21, 2006, 10:32 am

Programs: BonvoyAmbassadorElite, HyattPlatinum, Cathay Pacific Diamond, AeroplanSuperElite
Just start on Church Street and you will figure out whats happening very quickly. Also maybe check out fabmagazine.com for curent listings.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 12:04 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K, Hilton, Marriott
Anyone in town for the Intl AIDS Conf in August? Know of any special events? My partner will be in town 12-16 August.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 12:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DesertDave
Anyone in town for the Intl AIDS Conf in August? Know of any special events? My partner will be in town 12-16 August.
What kind of special events? I will be part of the vigil at the conference... is that what you mean or community wise?
Old Jul 21, 2006, 11:55 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by MapleLeaf
What kind of special events? I will be part of the vigil at the conference... is that what you mean or community wise?

Communty-wise for sure, but will have to check out the vigil as well. Thanks.

Fabmagazine.com best choice for info?
Old Jul 26, 2006, 10:00 am

Programs: Delta DM
I will be in Toronto Aug 2-5th and then Sept 9-17, staying on Church Street and in that area for the majority of the time. Anyone up for a drink during any of those times PM me.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 10:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DesertDave
Communty-wise for sure, but will have to check out the vigil as well. Thanks.

Fabmagazine.com best choice for info?
I am not sure of anything special happening that week. In addition to fab magazine, check out xtra.ca, it is the other Toronto gay bi-weekly.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 10:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by iCorpRoadie
I will be in Toronto Aug 2-5th and then Sept 9-17, staying on Church Street and in that area for the majority of the time. Anyone up for a drink during any of those times PM me.
Are you still planning on hosting a party in your room the weekend of Aug 2nd?

Clothing Optional
Old Jul 26, 2006, 10:55 am

All the good parties will be in Sept! Drinking, Music, and other things Ill fill ya in when I know more.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 11:31 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
I'll be at the Delta Chelsea from this Sunday until Friday Aug. 4. Maybe we could plan a mini-do.

FWIW, I fly to YUL on a redeye tomorrow night and will have limited FT access, but set something up if you want!
Old Jul 27, 2006, 7:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Viajero Joven
I'll be at the Delta Chelsea from this Sunday until Friday Aug. 4. Maybe we could plan a mini-do.

FWIW, I fly to YUL on a redeye tomorrow night and will have limited FT access, but set something up if you want!
I'm here
Old Jul 27, 2006, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by MapleLeaf
I'm here
Isn't there a YYZ group somewhere? I am sure there are more than just one or two of you in YYZ, just as there are a few of us in SLC (three that I know of).
Old Jul 28, 2006, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Bathhouse Scene in Toronto?

I've noticed that there are quite a few deluxe bathhouses in Toronto.

Anyone have first hand experience?

PS The NYC bathhouses are god awful. There are really only two, the East Side Club and West Side Club. The West Side Club has its steam room and sauna closed and a security guard patrolling around to make sure that everyone keeps his towel on! The East Side Club does have its steam room and sauna open but, again, they have monitors watching over everyone like Spanish aunts (I think that's the expression). Thank you, Ed Koch and Rudy Giuliani for sucking the fun out of New York!!
Old Jul 28, 2006, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Isn't there a YYZ group somewhere? I am sure there are more than just one or two of you in YYZ, just as there are a few of us in SLC (three that I know of).
There are a few of us in Toronto. It is very rare that we get together though... in fact some I haven't seen in 3+ years (and then not here but in Spain) and others I have never met. The regular group of Torontonians who meet for beer is a very mixed crowd; almost all Aeroplan members.

If there is something officially planned, I will email / call a couple of folks I know and see there level of interest in meeting. No guarantees though
Old Jul 28, 2006, 4:20 pm

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
I'm around till Aug 4th.
aeneastwin - if you want the bathhouse crowd, go to Fly Nightclub on Sat night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.