Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

No gay couple ( again) on Amazing Race 6

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No gay couple ( again) on Amazing Race 6

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2005, 10:36 am

Programs: AA Platinum
It's possible that the cameraman may hang onto their passports since they are always with them, or maybe they get visas for alot of countries that they may not visit. I find the latter more likely.

I love the show

(edited shower to show..fruedian slip i think)
Old Feb 11, 2005, 7:47 pm

Grr...just add me to the list of AR wannabe contestants. My hag and I applied to be on the upcoming season, and we thought we were on for sure! Our relationship was best friends/"dating"...I'm not the most obvious gay guy (many at work really thought we were dating for a while), and we said we were going to use this to psych out the other teams on the show. Unfortunately, we both work for UA (a producer even called to verify our employment), and that was enough to disqualify us from being on the show. Bummer.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 10:27 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
Originally Posted by UAkls
Maybe someone can explain this. The AR contestants always act like they did not know where they were going next. But many of their destinations require visas that would need to be in their passports. Don't they see these visas when they use their passports in prior destinations??
Having met and talked to a number of the contestants and Phil, they have a number of visas in their passports that are for countries they never go to as red herrings. In the grand scheme of things, that costs very little for the production company to keep the mystery of where they might go next. On top of that, they do a lot of traveling through countries that are visa-free for US citizens (a requirement to make it on the show).

Every once in a while they're able to make an educated guess if they have a visa for a country next door to wherever they currently are, but there's no guarantee. One former contestant posted on another message board that in the heat of the moment it's a surprise to open the clue and see any country listed there other than the one you're in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.