Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Istanbul gay friendly hotels ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Istanbul gay friendly hotels ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2009, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I would recommend staying near the Taksim Sq. The IC is close by and so are other Turkish hotels. I am not quite sure if there is a gay hotel per say. Do enjoy Istanbul, it is a beautiful city. Also try the local ferry can't remember the name but it is cheap and gives you a tour and brings you to a nice hill where you can have a noce view of the city.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 2:13 am

Programs: NH Super Flyer (*G), Eurostar Carte Blanche, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Accor ALL Gold
I stayed at the Eklektik a couple of years ago; well positioned near İstiklal Caddesi. Rooms are small, but cosy; staff is friendly. If you can get a good deal stay there. If it doesn't have to be gay, I usually stay at the Point Hotel near Taksim Square, a bit featureless but good value.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 2:38 am

Bump

I'll be visiting IST for two days next month. Any updates?
Old Dec 16, 2009, 5:47 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by Latitudes
I'll be visiting IST for two days next month. Any updates?
Stayed at the HI Sisli last week for 2 nights. Very new, IKEA-type furnishings, but a decent stay and only 15K/night. Good location, only about 5 min. walk to Osmanbey Metro, the first stop away from Taksim.... in fact, only a 15-min walk to Taksim Square. Also there is a big new shopping mall in Sisli, and few tourists, so a bit more "authentic" than the places selling Turkish Delight every 10 feet in Sultanhamet.
IC has some decent prices too. HI City (older, needs updating badly but only 10K/night!) and CP Old City are decent locations for sightseeing but if you've been to IST before, Taksim side is better for shopping, late nights, and fun. Forget the HI Airport, though it's currently on PointBreaks, so at only 5K/night, it might tempt you. Still, IC points are as easy to get as candy, so I'd still do the HI City (10K) or Sisli (15K).
Depends on what you're seeking. If you plan on having any "guests", then I wouldn't stay at a small place with "character"; I'd recommend the larger, wester chains.

The W is excellent, but definitely not "old Istanbul"; Hilton gets great reviews in terms of Diamond/Gold treatment and its lounge but not such great reviews for a non-status traveller on Trip Advisor. Hilton Park SA and Conrad, often cheaper than Hilton, get lower reviews. Marriott Asia and Sheraton Maslak are too far away for a short stay like yours.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 6:26 am

Thanks for the update kyushuman.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.