Wiki Posts
Search

GLBT travel to Oman

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by Holiday2019
hey
in oman, i walked at night in front of the Intercontinental hotel, there were lot of guys walking and cruising there. I crossed a guy and he lifted his dress to show his dick....
Don't make the readers of this forum have unrealistic expectations about Oman.
The middle east is not the current cruising "meca" of the world by any means.

Not saying that the above did not happen to you, but it is rare if not exceptional. At least in my experience, been to Oman several times for work. Nothing of what you mention is a frequent sighting in Oman.

Middle eastern men tend to have a very piercing look, almost a stare. A western gay man may take that as interest or cruising. It is not.
Readers of this forum: Be careful and take with a grain of salt what Holiday2019 says.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 1:30 am

Oman

[QUOTE=carlosdca;32001446]Don't make the readers of this forum have unrealistic expectations about Oman.
The middle east is not the current cruising "meca" of the world by any means

carlos,
i didn t say it s a gay destination, but there is definitely gay cruising on the beach in front of the intercontinental hotel at night.
( i forgot to mention ‘on the beach’)

and me and my friend hooked up with locals in the local dress. We know how to wear it., What they wear under it.
we are still friend with some guys.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 1:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by carlosdca
Don't make the readers of this forum have unrealistic expectations about Oman.
The middle east is not the current cruising "meca" of the world by any means.

Not saying that the above did not happen to you, but it is rare if not exceptional. At least in my experience, been to Oman several times for work. Nothing of what you mention is a frequent sighting in Oman.

Middle eastern men tend to have a very piercing look, almost a stare. A western gay man may take that as interest or cruising. It is not.
Readers of this forum: Be careful and take with a grain of salt what Holiday2019 says.
This. As a solo traveler to Oman and elsewhere in the Middle East, I definitely would not have been comfortable outing myself to any locals; I perceived the staring and questions to be genuine but non-sexual interest in a solo, Western, non-white male traveller. Meeting via Grindr or any other app is somewhat sketchy as most locals won't show their faces (or accurate pictures).

FWIW, there is a general assumption in Oman that a solo white male traveller who doesn't wear a ring and doesn't appear to be traveling for business is likely to be gay (and probably a bottom).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.