Oktoberfest 2019

Old Apr 6, 19, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum
Oktoberfest 2019

After several months of waiting, we have recently received word that we were unable to secure a group reservation for the first Sunday (gay Sunday) of Oktoberfest.

We have been advised to instead go the day of the event to get in the Tent. QQ on this process - Does the Braurosl Tent only permit reservations on that date? If people come at 9 am I assume they start to trickle out in the early afternoon. Do they then allow entry? We will most likely wind up only being 2 people and I am wondering how difficult this will all be!
Old Apr 11, 19, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA
You will have to pay $$$$$$ to get into the gay tent. And last year the only way to do it, was to buy a weekend pass in advance.

We decided to just skip paying hundreds of dollars for that.

Friday and Saturday night will be tight everywhere. But all the other days, you have the pick of the halls.
Old Apr 11, 19, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA
Theres some group selling entry to that tent as part of a weekend pass. Last year it was the ONLY way to get into that tent. It was a hard sellout. They werent even letting people wait.
Old Apr 15, 19, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I went last year and had no trouble getting into the tent. In fact, left at some point to go back to the hotel for a bit, then got back to the tent later in the evening. Was quite a party.

Maybe I was just lucky?

Going again this year.
Old Apr 19, 19, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21 View Post
I went last year and had no trouble getting into the tent. In fact, left at some point to go back to the hotel for a bit, then got back to the tent later in the evening. Was quite a party.
Do tell!
Old Apr 19, 19, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21 View Post

Maybe I was just lucky?

Going again this year.
Was it on the first Sunday at the Braurosl tent?

The "gay oktoberfest" is the first Sunday of the festival (this year September 21st) and only that day and only at the Braurosl tent.

The only way to be inside is if you are at a table (you can't hang out and walk around without a table as if at a party or a bar) and spots at the tables are reserved months in advance (for groups of ten, not less) with priority to repeat guests first.
People stand in line outside for hours hoping for a no-show, a group leaving, or one of the few spots at the unreserved tables.
Or buy one of the 600 tickets for the upstairs area with Munich Lions Club (a gay group) but most of the fun is downstairs where the other 5,800 guys are.
Leaving the place means you completely lost your spot, unless your group and table remained inside waiting for you.

Just wondering how were you able to do what you said.
Old Apr 19, 19, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA CK, A3 Gold, spg100
Originally Posted by carlosdca View Post
...or one of the few spots at the unreserved tables.
Have been 5-6 times on this Sunday and my experience is that the vast majority of tables are unreserved. It does mean you need to wake up early and get in line by 7am to get an unreserved seat, but easily 2,000+ people enter this way, if not significantly more.
carlosdca and goodeats21 like this.
Old Apr 20, 19, 5:04 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by carlosdca View Post

The "gay oktoberfest" is the first Sunday of the festival (this year September 21st) and only that day and only at the Braurosl tent.

The only way to be inside is if you are at a table (you can't hang out and walk around without a table as if at a party or a bar) and spots at the tables are reserved months in advance (for groups of ten, not less) with priority to repeat guests first.
People stand in line outside for hours hoping for a no-show, a group leaving, or one of the few spots at the unreserved tables.
Or buy one of the 600 tickets for the upstairs area with Munich Lions Club (a gay group) but most of the fun is downstairs where the other 5,800 guys are.
Leaving the place means you completely lost your spot, unless your group and table remained inside waiting for you.

Just wondering how were you able to do what you said.
Yes, it was the first Sunday at the Braurosl tent. The big gay party day.

justforfun describes how it is possible below. It was tougher to get back into the tent in the evening, for sure. But wandering around the tent a bit and finding a sympathetic door guard is possible...

Originally Posted by justforfun View Post
Have been 5-6 times on this Sunday and my experience is that the vast majority of tables are unreserved. It does mean you need to wake up early and get in line by 7am to get an unreserved seat, but easily 2,000+ people enter this way, if not significantly more.
Old Apr 20, 19, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by ijgordon View Post
Do tell!
Maybe via PM... LOL
Old Jul 10, 19, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum
We actually have two extras Tickets to the event if anyone needs.