Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Using miles balance as pick-up line?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Hey all,
Had chat yesterday with few friends, and discussion moved to miles account balances and 2-4-1 vouchers. As single there is always the question, who you should take with you on the voucher - good friend, mother, sister....?
So would it be outrageous to use it as pickup line? - "Hey, I got 2-4-1 voucher, fancy weekend in NYC?" .....

(For the record not used it myself or heard anyone using it....)

Thoughts?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:47 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Originally Posted by Tintin_on_the_road
Hey all,
Had chat yesterday with few friends, and discussion moved to miles account balances and 2-4-1 vouchers. As single there is always the question, who you should take with you on the voucher - good friend, mother, sister....?
So would it be outrageous to use it as pickup line? - "Hey, I got 2-4-1 voucher, fancy weekend in NYC?" .....

(For the record not used it myself or heard anyone using it....)

Thoughts?
Great post using it as a pick-up line might attract the wrong type of person. If I were using it to go to NYC I'd definitely take a friend because, unless I was going with a bf, I'd want to go out and have a good time.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DallasEsq
Great post using it as a pick-up line might attract the wrong type of person. If I were using it to go to NYC I'd definitely take a friend because, unless I was going with a bf, I'd want to go out and have a good time.
Yes, so far it always has been a friend using the Amex 2-4-1 voucher
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:09 am

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Talking

Hehehe. Not entirely sure I'd want to risk an entire weekend with a pick-up. Particularly if the flights were long. Do you really want to find out you have nothing in common 2.5 hours into JFK-HKG?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyBalletGuy
Do you really want to find out you have nothing in common 2.5 hours into JFK-HKG?
Indeed. Massive risks involved....

Hence, until I find my Prince Charming, I will continue treating my friends ^
Old Sep 17, 2012, 9:53 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by Tintin_on_the_road
Indeed. Massive risks involved....

Hence, until I find my Prince Charming, I will continue treating my friends ^
and kissing frogs?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, USDM Gold, National Exec Elite, IHG Dumped-now Kettle, SPG Platinum
I tease my partner that the only reason he is with me is for my Marriott status and points.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 1:50 am

If you were trying it with George Clooney it would probably go something like: http://youtu.be/EePcWVFtRCU
Old Sep 18, 2012, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Haha! Love the film and that scene! Not met Mr Clooney in lobby bar yet though...

Originally Posted by tosteve
If you were trying it with George Clooney it would probably go something like: http://youtu.be/EePcWVFtRCU
Old Oct 23, 2012, 8:53 am
Former user name: laundrian

Programs: Moderator: Traveling with Jewelry, UA GS, Starwood
I hardly do this anymore. But when I board the plane first; as coach passengers walk by, I would pick out a cute guy. I then send him drinks.

It worked a few times
Old Oct 24, 2012, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by ArtfullyUrs
I hardly do this anymore. But when I board the plane first; as coach passengers walk by, I would pick out a cute guy. I then send him drinks.

It worked a few times
HAHAH! That is hysterical! Now I know where I am getting my free drinks when in coach!
Old Nov 1, 2012, 6:57 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold, AirBerlin Gold, Starwood Gold, Avis Preferred, CBP Global Entry
When I first started dating my partner we met up in FLL for a long weekend and had the same flight back to DCA. I think he was impressed when I asked the guy sitting next to him in Y if he would mind sitting in F so I could hang out with my friend.

Looking back, I'm afraid I set a dangerous precedent for when one of us misses an upgrade now...
Old Nov 3, 2012, 3:59 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Elite / BAEC Silver
I've had status since I was 18... and I met OH then too... And until recently, he had no status at all - but the understanding was generally that I sit up front when I get upgraded... Although a couple of times I was chivalrous enough...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.