Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

All Worlds Resort once great then fallen, on the upswing again???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2012, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond

Has anyone stayed there recently? It got fairly bad a few years back. Now it seems they are putting some work into it again. Anyone have recent experience to share.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 9:00 am

Programs: UA, VX, AA
I haven't stayed there recently, but I have friends who have. If you have "high" expectations, you will most likely be disappointed. According to them, the rooms were just "ok" and not worth a return visit. If you are looking for an upscale resort, there are several others in PS that would be more suitable.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 6:53 pm

I stayed in September 2011, and would say the photo below (from their website) is pretty representative of the regular room standard:

For the prices charged, I'd say that's actually pretty good. The rooms in the "Another World" annexe are even nicer.

I've consistently heard people complaining about being on the receiving end of the ire of the manager of the property; I'd imagine there are some challenging clientele, so I don't set much store by such reports, and certainly the manager on duty couldn't have been more helpful making a special effort to be on site after hours to facilitate my late check in.

Room was very clean, housekeeping couldn't be faulted.

I did have some concerns about the common areas; sunbeds were a little past it (mattresses looked tired), and steam room could have been cleaner, but these weren't so bad that I would have complained.

It is what it is; an inexpensive weekend property with a "fun" crowd. It's not quite as good as it used to be in the early 2000s, but not so different that I'd book elsewhere.

If you want upscale and couples, without the "fun" try the nearby www.thehacienda.com/
Old Apr 10, 2012, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by oscietra
If you want upscale and couples, without the "fun" try the nearby www.thehacienda.com/
And for those seeking upscale "fun" and "fun" couples? Just want to cover all the bases here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.