Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

San Francisco club recommendation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP

My colleague, who works for a major record label, is looking for a San Francisco gay club to host a brief performance by an emerging British artist.

He's straight, so he doesn't have any idea what the gay scene there in SF is like. And, it's been a while since I've visited the Bay Area.

What are the cool gay bars now? What gay bars have Lady GaGa or other artists performed at for promo events?

Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2012, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott
oops, crossposting:

YGPM! As a DJ I work with a lot of the bars and gay promotors, hope I can help

Lady Gaga performed at "The Crib" for Gus Presents Events at Club NV before she took off. That seems to be the gay club for emerging artists, although I tend to not go that often because it is 18+. Gus will occasionally book acts at his larger/circuity parties on holiday weekends, too. Erika Jayne is coming up on the 26th at the Crib.

Britney stopped off at QBar for her brief visit during her Good Morning America concert in the Castro publicity stunt. I was DJ'ing at the Lookout on Market when Lady Gaga was "rumored" to be stopping off in the Castro after one of her shows, she didn't but boy what a busy night :-)
Old Apr 8, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
SF gay clubs/bars are not really known for commercial performances compared to LA or NYC. Gus presents parties for most of his large venues cater to more of the "circuit" or drug crowd. A normal club with performance space in the Castro area would probably be Trigger if your targeted market is the conventional club crowd.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, B6 Mosaic, VX Silver
Endup

I'd take a look at the Endup either on a Friday when they have some gay events or possibly on the 4th Saturdays when they do a gay (Asian + friends) party.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.