Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Palm Springs accomodation

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2010, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, FB Gold, Skywards, MK Kestrel Flyer, BA Gold, M&M FF, UU Capricorne, ACCOR Gold
Palm Springs accomodation

Hi,
Looking for recommendations for Palm Springs Clothing optional accomodation. Specifically somewhere where a more mature gent like myself isn't going to feel out of place....
Thanks
Old May 31, 2010, 7:07 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
I stayed at Inndulge. There were bodies of all shapes and ages and everyone seemed friendly.
Old May 31, 2010, 3:08 pm

Programs: US Silver, CO, DL
www.ladolcevitaresort.com

A friend & I stayed at La Dolce Vita last spring and had a great time. The guests were from their mid-30s and up and all very friendly. As you put it, several "more mature gents" were there as well.

The 2 guys who run the resort do a great job. Nice clean rooms, great service, good breakfast buffet, and a happy hour every day. Plus all the grapefruit you could want from the many trees on the property.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 9:51 am

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
We have stayed several times at Terrazzo and have in fact just booked to stay there again for Palm Springs Pride. Small guest house, very convivial, guys very friendly and chatty, nice hosts, good service. Genuinely clothing-optional, seems to run about 50/50 shorts on/off, although they do run all-nude weekends. Low sexual temperature, although I gather there's the odd fumble in the hot tub at night... It's a bit out of the main PS drag, which we quite like, but it does mean that it's a bus/cab journey to the hotspots. Tends to be couples and upscale singles, average age is probably 30s/40s but doubt you would feel out of place at any age unless you were looking for a real party atmosphere.

Oh and by the way I LOVE Reunion... had two weeks there a couple of years back -one of my best holidays ever, what a wonderful place to live!
Old Jun 1, 2010, 7:10 pm
In memoriam

Programs: United
Canyon Club

Despite some negative reviews online, I was very pleased with my stay at Canyon Club http://www.canyonclubhotel.com/ Added bonus: it's a short walk to the Arenas Street bars, so it's not necessary to climb into that rental after quaffing a few cocktails.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 8:40 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I don't think that age would be an issue anywhere for the OP - PSP tends toward slightly older anyways. However, its hard to answer with a recommendation without knowing his desire of the "friskiness" level - that is really key to PSP - nothing ruins the experience if the level is not what is desired (either too low or too high). Clothing optional should not be an issue since all properties (with a very few exceptions) are officially that anyways (although the degree to which guests "opt out" vary).
Old Jun 1, 2010, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, FB Gold, Skywards, MK Kestrel Flyer, BA Gold, M&M FF, UU Capricorne, ACCOR Gold
Originally Posted by wiredboy10003
I stayed at Inndulge. There were bodies of all shapes and ages and everyone seemed friendly.
Originally Posted by gtownguy
A friend & I stayed at La Dolce Vita last spring and had a great time. The guests were from their mid-30s and up and all very friendly. As you put it, several "more mature gents" were there as well.
Originally Posted by Morland
We have stayed several times at Terrazzo and have in fact just booked to stay there again for Palm Springs Pride.
Oh and by the way I LOVE Reunion... had two weeks there a couple of years back -one of my best holidays ever, what a wonderful place to live!
Originally Posted by KenCT
Despite some negative reviews online, I was very pleased with my stay at Canyon Club
Originally Posted by peteropny
However, its hard to answer with a recommendation without knowing his desire of the "friskiness" level - that is really key to PSP - nothing ruins the experience if the level is not what is desired (either too low or too high). .
Thanks all for the input. I've emailed a few of these places to ask about availability etc... Most of them indeed look great.
As to the 'friskiness' question... hmm, moderate to low I would say ...

@Morland : It is indeed a great place to live... If you ever get back here, let me know!!
Old Jun 2, 2010, 8:28 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by flyphilrun
Thanks all for the input. I've emailed a few of these places to ask about availability etc... Most of them indeed look great.
Well http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/7065728-post2.html is an older post (associated with one of our PSP Dos) that's still pretty applicable with some exceptions. Could help - feel free to post back for any clarifications.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peteropny
Well http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/7065728-post2.html is an older post (associated with one of our PSP Dos) that's still pretty applicable with some exceptions. Could help - feel free to post back for any clarifications.
Excellent thread peteropny, thanks so much. I'll spend some time reading through this before I decide...
Old Jun 3, 2010, 5:29 pm

I'll second that!

Originally Posted by KenCT
Despite some negative reviews online, I was very pleased with my stay at Canyon Club http://www.canyonclubhotel.com/ Added bonus: it's a short walk to the Arenas Street bars, so it's not necessary to climb into that rental after quaffing a few cocktails.
Yes, Canyon Club is quite nice nowadays. Crowd is varied and atmosphere is a bit cruisier than some places. Management has upgraded the place considerably from what it once was.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 3:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by flyphilrun

@Morland : It is indeed a great place to live... If you ever get back here, let me know!!
I would highly recommend InnDulge. Other than the clothing optional factor, it is like staying at a very nice motel. It's immaculately maintained, super nice owners and staff and there is no outdoor funny business (well, maybe very late night in the hot tub and even that is no guarantee).
Old Jun 11, 2010, 11:50 pm

Programs: DE,UN,StarwoodGold
Well if you really want privacy, and your stay is more than just a few days, consider renting a condo, there are many lovely properties available LIKE MINE -- but seriously, not trying to promote it here. Just as an example, mine while not at all exclusively gay, is in a complex with so much quiet, private patio, stunning mountain views, multiple pools, gorgeous tennis courts, in the south end of town with less wind, etc. -- but close to everything. Truly a place to unwind in blessed silence, which is what I do when I go out there every month or so from LA; not in itself a place to meet people, but the area is full of places like mine, you can go out or not as the spirit moves you. And for a slightly extended stay, you do save some serious money over the gay motel-type lodgings, nice though they can be. If that sort of option would appeal to you, feel free to PM me and I'll see if I can send you some recommendations. P.S. When are you travelling, it will be very very hot there now for the next several months but rates also lower than winter-spring. Cheers, Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.