Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Suggestions on great places to party in Europe on a Sunday or weekday?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestions on great places to party in Europe on a Sunday or weekday?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2010, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Smile Suggestions on great places to party in Europe on a Sunday or weekday?

Hi guys! I always hear of great gay clubs and parties in Europe...but unfortunately I don't always get to arrive in a city on a Friday or Saturday when there is a larger crowd.

Is there any club/bar/party/city in Europe that is happening all week long, so whether I arrive on a Sunday or Tuesday, clubs are open and there will still be a lot of people?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 12:47 am

Programs: UAL 1KMM,Hilton Diamond
Welcome to Flyertalk. I have been to variety of places in Europe. Many have fabulous parties on days other than Friday and Saturday. London has a strong scene as well as Barcelona. For London, qxmag.com will provide you with a daily listing.

For example, XXL in London is for larger men and their admirers has parties on Wednesday and Saturdays. I avoided going for several years because I am not attracted to the crowd. It is an attitude-free zone and ALL types of people go -great music and great fun.

A lot of the pubs have cabarets throughout the week. Cabarets are basically fantastic drag performers and many of them have national followings and some bars draw several hundred people.

Depending on your interests in London, G.A.Y. has major parties several nights a week. Thorough out the major cities, there are club nights that are once a week parties. Heaven is another party place in London with different themes each night of the week.

So, for London I have given up dance parties, cabarets, and even there is a lot more.

Go to www.timeout.com and find your favorite city and hit the gay/lesbian link.

My suggestions is to buy a Spartucus Gay Travel Gay. You can get them for about half price on amazon.con. It covers the world - lodging, bars, clubs, cafes, etc.

I have also found that by doing a google search ie gay Lisbon or put in the city will give a world of information.

During the summer, the city resort cities are happening. I have spent several summers in Sitges, Spain. It's only a 30 minute train ride outside of Barcelona which has a strong party scene.

I have noticed in the past few years, the bear scene has mushroomed there and in some places these are the happening parties in Europe. Don't let the label turn you off, I am not a bear and I have been surprised how mixed some of these parties are.

Good luck
Old Jun 9, 2010, 12:54 am

Programs: AA EXP IC AMBASSADOR/DIAMOND Tk/ELITE (*G), JumeirahONE Gold
Originally Posted by midwestback
Hi guys! I always hear of great gay clubs and parties in Europe...but unfortunately I don't always get to arrive in a city on a Friday or Saturday when there is a larger crowd.

Is there any club/bar/party/city in Europe that is happening all week long, so whether I arrive on a Sunday or Tuesday, clubs are open and there will still be a lot of people?
Easy, go to London.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 10:51 pm

Go for the biggies London, Barcelona (also has Sitges on its doorstep which is busy July and Aug all week), Amsterdam.... As a londoner I obviously vote london - www.boyz.co.uk is also a good source of listings....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.