Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

NYC Brunch, Sunday, September 26, 2010 -

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NYC Brunch, Sunday, September 26, 2010 -

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2010, 1:42 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, jetBlue, Honors Diamond
Am interested in joining in as well. Is drinking only allowed after brunch?
Old Aug 25, 2010, 9:48 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by DLNYC
I'm in.

Originally Posted by dgxoxo
I am interested and should be able to join... but 11:30AM??? I'm used to brunch around 2pm...
Originally Posted by ScottinMEM
Am interested in joining in as well. Is drinking only allowed after brunch?

Now seeing the shenanigans that seem to be coming to this event... I'm sad that I'll be in SFO that weekend
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:41 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Vuelos
Now seeing the shenanigans that seem to be coming to this event... I'm sad that I'll be in SFO that weekend
Vuelos at Folsom??
Old Sep 9, 2010, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

The menu and other details will be posted early next week. I am having a conference with the foodies.

For those attending - please let me know if you have any dietary restrictions.

Thanks.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 6:01 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
Originally Posted by tonywestsider
Hello there. Count me in for brunch in September. Arriving from DC via train.
I'm reconfirming that I am in for the brunch. And no restrictions, food wise....
Old Sep 11, 2010, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by meFIRST
The menu and other details will be posted early next week. I am having a conference with the foodies.

For those attending - please let me know if you have any dietary restrictions.

Thanks.
Dietary restrictions for brunch: excellent, innovative food washed down with the 2000 Dom. My religion will allow nothing else.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 6:36 pm

Programs: United Global Services, UA Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Would very much love to attend my first GLBT Do, but will be in Key West for a long weekend. Enjoy!
Old Sep 13, 2010, 7:20 pm
Suspended

Looking forward to the details. I guess later the better (yes, I changed my mind). Something possibly came up at 10 AM but I will definitely attend some part of this.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

I will start contacting people who have indicated interest on attending. There will be lunch and breakfast items on the menu. The cost is $37 (includes tax and gratuity). Starts at 2:15pm.

Drinks (alcoholic, coffee, tea, juice, etc is extra). Please bring cash for the drinks - the standard is not able to accept multiple credit cards for a large party.

Thanks

Last edited by meFIRST; Sep 20, 2010 at 1:19 pm
Old Sep 26, 2010, 8:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Regretfully I can't make it today. At home with what I think is a rotator cuff injury. The pain is excruciating. Hope you guys have fun. So disappointed I can't make, but will more likely be in the ER this afternoon.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 5:04 pm

Programs: dl dm
sorry i missed it

i am on flyertalk daily, can't believe i did not see anything about the brunch til 5 minutes ago...would have loved to have been there - very sad indeed that i was not
Old Sep 26, 2010, 6:07 pm
In memoriam

Programs: United
Originally Posted by chelseawolverine
i am on flyertalk daily, can't believe i did not see anything about the brunch til 5 minutes ago...would have loved to have been there - very sad indeed that i was not
How often do you check this forum? It's been among the top 20 posts for months. It was a great group. Sorry you missed it.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 7:47 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Wow - totally forgot to check on the forum for the event details ... sorry I missed it!

When is the next NYC event? We should do a happy hour before it gets cold out!
Old Sep 27, 2010, 12:23 am

Programs: Enough to travel better
meFirst, thanks so much for organizing such a wonderful brunch. Everything went well and I enjoyed meeting everyone at the event and the afterbrunch beers at the Beer Garten next door. What a great day to spend in NYC. ^
Old Sep 27, 2010, 9:42 am
Original Poster

I need to acknowledge two people that helped me out - central park, who went with me scouting potential venues (The Standard was actually choice #2, but turned out well) and wiredboy10003, who accompanied me as I tested items that went into the final menu.

Both sadly had other commitments on Sunday and were unable to attend

I am happy everyone had a great time !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.