Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Chicago - May 19 - Dining Out for Equality - KIT KAT @ 7:30 PM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago - May 19 - Dining Out for Equality - KIT KAT @ 7:30 PM

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2010, 11:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Ok, just as I expected. I went there, standing for like 15 min and went home.

There were too many people, too many groups and large groups, as replied by the guy who stand outside for reservations. I don't know the name of the person who reserved the tables, ask around the people standing about flyertalk, no one responded. It can be also most of the people went there know each other beforehand, just like I said in previous posts, first timers ending up left alone. The organizer should have the courtesy at least to ask someone standing by themselves inside or outside of the restaurant if I am one of the flyertalkers. This really sounds like the typical stereo type gay folks, groups gather around not wellcoming new comers, new comers being ignored, or only wellcome certain people base on their demographic, no wonder so many people hate GLBT people.
were you the one standing outside? I walked in and found the tables with the "Flyertalk" signs.
Old May 19, 2010, 11:32 pm

Thanks to BCH and PDXGUY1 for a fun night/dinner! ^
Old May 20, 2010, 2:45 pm
BCH
Original Poster

The two "FLYERTALK" tables were full. And we had a great time (including watching the lap dance from one of the performers).

The host had a note in his reservations book to direct "FLYERTALK" guests to one of the two tables with such signs. Sorry he didn't see it.

It's always a little dangerous when you get free cocktail vouchers to use after an evening of drinking half-priced martinis. But, i think, we managed to avoid engaging in anything scandalous. Right, izzik?
Old May 20, 2010, 3:06 pm

scandalous? perish the thought! then again, I left quite early.. so I cannot truly say there wasn't any tomfoolery afterwards.
Old May 20, 2010, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by izzik
were you the one standing outside? I walked in and found the tables with the "Flyertalk" signs.
If you are who I think, I asked you about flyertalk, you just don't respond and walk right in.

Originally Posted by BCH
The host had a note in his reservations book to direct "FLYERTALK" guests to one of the two tables with such signs. Sorry he didn't see it.
I also asked the host about flyertalk, and he responded with a puzzled look in his face. There was a crowd inside everyone standing, how can I know who is flyertalk and who's not ? Once again, you organize something, and then just let the attendees to find the way in is just simple rude to begin with, especially when you see there are many other groups of people in the restaurant in the first place.

I organize meetings and events in a regular basis, and I would never let any of the participants have to find their way or left alone wandering around don't know where to go and what to do.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; May 20, 2010 at 5:56 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.