Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Chicago - May 19 - Dining Out for Equality - KIT KAT @ 7:30 PM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2010, 9:51 pm
BCH
Original Poster

Hello everyone:

Those of us living in Chicago may have already heard about this, but this could be also a great mini short-haul / mileage-run "do" opportunity for the rest of us...

On May 19, certain restaurants across town will be participating in DINING OUT FOR EQUALITY. There is no cost to diners, aside from the food and drinks they purchase, but participating restaurants will donate a portion of their proceeds to Equality Illinois, the statewide organization advocating for full equality for LGBT people in Illinois.

Full details at www.diningoutforequality.org.

Maybe we can choose a restaurant to take over as a FlyerTalkers gathering?

How fun!

Please let me know by Monday pm if you also want to be added to the booking. All attendees will get a free Absolut Vodka Cocktail voucher.

Last edited by BCH; May 15, 2010 at 2:30 pm
Old Apr 6, 2010, 10:27 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines, BMI Gold, United 1K
Originally Posted by BCH
Hello everyone:

Those of us living in Chicago may have already heard about this, but this could be also a great mini short-haul / mileage-run "do" opportunity for the rest of us...

On May 19, certain restaurants across town will be participating in DINING OUT FOR EQUALITY. There is no cost to diners, aside from the food and drinks they purchase, but participating restaurants will donate a portion of their proceeds to Equality Illinois, the statewide organization advocating for full equality for LGBT people in Illinois.

Full details at www.diningoutforequality.org.

Maybe we can choose a restaurant to take over as a FlyerTalkers gathering?

How fun!
I love the idea, BCH! It would be great to try Hearty. Surely the number of participating restaurants will increase. So maybe start with cocktails at one place and go for dinner at another? :-)
Old Apr 6, 2010, 11:29 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

May I suggest someone taking charge of this picking time bar / restaurant etc. - otherwise it won't go anywhere. Once you've determined the details, we'll change the title of the thread to reflect the arrangements.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Darn - middle of the week. Can't get there easily
Old Apr 8, 2010, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Darn - middle of the week. Can't get there easily
Sure you can, Buster CT1K! You can come to ORD for Dining Out for Equality and turn it into a long, fun-filled weekend.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 2:31 pm
BCH
Original Poster

Or...
Fly in late in the afternoon, dine with us, go out with some fun locals, spend the night, and catch the first of MANY flights back to NYC the following morning. You'll be at work, and no one will even know you were having a blast in Chicago the night before.

Originally Posted by PDXGUY1
Sure you can, Buster CT1K! You can come to ORD for Dining Out for Equality and turn it into a long, fun-filled weekend.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:14 pm
BCH
Original Poster

About a dozen restaurants are listed as participating. MANY within walking distance to bars (for a post-dinner night cap).

I'm thinking KIT KAT. Who else is in?

May 19th. Say we start at 7 pm?
Old Apr 15, 2010, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by BCH
About a dozen restaurants are listed as participating. MANY within walking distance to bars (for a post-dinner night cap).

I'm in! Let's pack the place...it's going to be so fun. :-)
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:10 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1K (2k), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Let me work on the flights. Put me down as "likely".
Old Apr 16, 2010, 10:53 pm
BCH
Original Poster

So running total so far.

Coming for sure:
BCH + 1
PDXGUY1
Orgullo Liberal + 1
DMCLON
futureacnp
RS (via PM)
BFM (via PM)
Rick5905
izzik
KD (via PM)
LL (via PM)
ID+RE (via PM)
ORDnHKG

Maybe:
stockycub1973

Others?

Last edited by BCH; May 16, 2010 at 10:39 pm
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by BCH

Where is KIT KAT ?

Hearty Boys is close by me, but I am not sure they maybe kinda expensive though. Sorry, I am interested but really try to tighten my belt.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 7:20 pm

Still looking for a decent fare, but I've booked a refundable rate at the Park Hyatt for 5/19-5/20.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 11:48 pm
BCH
Original Poster

KIT KAT is just a 3-min walk south of Hearty. It's on Halsted and Waveland. Actually, the reason that I suggested it is because it's half-price food and martinis ($4 a drink) on Wednesday nights.

Hooray!

Are you in?

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Where is KIT KAT ?

Hearty Boys is close by me, but I am not sure they maybe kinda expensive though. Sorry, I am interested but really try to tighten my belt.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 11:52 pm
BCH
Original Poster

Awesome.
Did you know that if you pre-purchase a gift certificate from www.workingadvantage.com, then you get a room at the Park Hyatt for about $279 a night. The certificate is valid at Hyatt properties around the world for a year, so if you don't use it on that night, then you can use it later on elsewhere.

The money you save from this tip, you can use to buy additional martinis. ^

Originally Posted by futureacnp
Still looking for a decent fare, but I've booked a refundable rate at the Park Hyatt for 5/19-5/20.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by BCH
Awesome.
Did you know that if you pre-purchase a gift certificate from www.workingadvantage.com, then you get a room at the Park Hyatt for about $279 a night. The certificate is valid at Hyatt properties around the world for a year, so if you don't use it on that night, then you can use it later on elsewhere.

The money you save from this tip, you can use to buy additional martinis. ^
BCH,

Thanks for the tip! That's a pretty nice deal. Will definitely take advantage of this.

But guess what? I just now realized that I have several extra BWBs I can burn for this trip! I think I'm gonna switch the stay into an award stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.