Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Chicago - May 19 - Dining Out for Equality - KIT KAT @ 7:30 PM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago - May 19 - Dining Out for Equality - KIT KAT @ 7:30 PM

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2010, 2:16 pm
BCH
Original Poster

Stockycub1973, does that mean you're coming?

Originally Posted by Stockycub1973
Oooo... I arrive in Chicago on May 16th. I will have to see if I can get along.
Old May 15, 2010, 2:28 pm
BCH
Original Poster

Two updates:

1) We have 15 confirmed so far, and most appear to be single(-attending) guys. 2) Our booking is now for 7:30 PM - Please take note. Please let me know if you're not going to be able to make it, or my credit card will be charged for your no-show. The hostess confirmed that we'll have table(s) in the front room, which is more fun.

Coming for sure:
BCH +1
PDXGUY1
Orgullo Liberal + Pal
DMCLON
futureacnp
RS (via PM)
BFM (via PM)
Rick5905
izzik
KD (via PM)
LL (via PM)
ID+RE (via PM)
ORDnHKG

Maybe:
stockycub1973

Please let me know by Monday pm if you also want to be added to the booking. All attendees will get a free Absolut Vodka Cocktail voucher.

Last edited by BCH; May 16, 2010 at 10:37 pm
Old May 16, 2010, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Alright, count me in.

Btw, I don't drink, anyone need another drink feel free to use mine.
Old May 17, 2010, 4:40 pm
BCH
Original Poster

Now 16 and counting. Awesome.
Old May 18, 2010, 8:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Don't forget to bring lots of cash! 16-person FT dinner will mean some intense bill-splitting.
Old May 18, 2010, 10:13 am
BCH
Original Poster

There will also be about 15 additional friends of ours! So we've requested that they arrange us in small-ish 8-person (or so) tables. That way, it will be easier to manage most things (like getting up to use the loo or splitting the bill).

See you there tomorrow!

Originally Posted by izzik
Don't forget to bring lots of cash! 16-person FT dinner will mean some intense bill-splitting.
Old May 18, 2010, 10:14 am
BCH
Original Poster

By the way, since 875 of you have been interested enough in this benefit for Equality Illinois to read this thread, I thought you might be interested in signing up for their monthly electronic newsletter at www.EqualityIllinois.org.
Old May 19, 2010, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BCH
There will also be about 15 additional friends of ours! So we've requested that they arrange us in small-ish 8-person (or so) tables. That way, it will be easier to manage most things (like getting up to use the loo or splitting the bill).
15 additional friends ? So that would be 30 people together ?

I thought most of us come by ourselves, where it suddenly get double the amount ?

If it is really true, you better be putting FTers together in one table and friends on the other, or it would just isolate anyone come by themselves. I had been to other FT DO, when there is a group of people know each other, then the sole person/new comer always end up being left out.

It is not fun to dine by myself in a somewhat upscale restaurant, I would rather be stay at home.

This is not a blind date, I don't want to dine with stangers on the same table, not even have something in common (FTers). Maybe you are ok with it, but I am certainly don't like to be in a large group (15 is ok, but certainly not 30), I rarely go to bars.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; May 19, 2010 at 10:54 am
Old May 19, 2010, 2:02 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1K (2k), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
15 additional friends ? So that would be 30 people together ?

I thought most of use come by ourselves, where it suddenly get double the amount ?

If it is really true, you better be putting FTers together in one table and friends on the other, or it would just isolate anyone come by themselves.
I was thinking about that too. Who should I be looking for when I get there tonight?
Old May 19, 2010, 2:47 pm
BCH
Original Poster

We have asked the restaurant to provide us with 4 tables of about 8. PDXGUY1 is getting there around 7, and we will see if we can put a FLYERTALK sign on the table.
Old May 19, 2010, 2:50 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

on the other hand, if your friends happen to be extremely good-looking.. then feel free to mix us up!
Old May 19, 2010, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by izzik
on the other hand, if your friends happen to be extremely good-looking.. then feel free to mix us up!
LOL ^^

I guess I should be wearing a "single" name tag then
Old May 19, 2010, 3:39 pm
BCH
Original Poster

for better or worse, they're nearly all single guys.
Old May 19, 2010, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by BCH
for better or worse, they're nearly all single guys.
it's only for the better
Old May 19, 2010, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok, just as I expected. I went there, standing for like 15 min and went home.

There were too many people, too many groups and large groups, as replied by the guy who stand outside for reservations. I don't know the name of the person who reserved the tables, ask around the people standing about flyertalk, no one responded. It can be also most of the people went there know each other beforehand, just like I said in previous posts, first timers ending up left alone. The organizer should have the courtesy at least to ask someone standing by themselves inside or outside of the restaurant if I am one of the flyertalkers. This really sounds like the typical stereo type gay folks, groups gather around not wellcoming new comers, new comers being ignored, or only wellcome certain people base on their demographic, no wonder so many people hate GLBT people.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; May 19, 2010 at 8:17 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.