Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Sydney - Club/Bar Recommendations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney - Club/Bar Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2010, 6:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: QFF SG, VA SL, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by seanp7
I'd skip the Midnight Shift.

Columbian & Oxford are both great.

Clubs? There's something upstairs near Stonewall with a younger crowd...forget the name of it, only about a year old. Went in Nov and it was fun.

Restaurants (I've said these before on FT): Longrain for upscale Thai & great Caipiroska's (Commonwealth St, near Oxford), and Bill's for breakfast / brunch.
The upstairs club next to Stonewall is called Nevermind...it's a mixed gay/str8 crowd and is very cool on Fri/Sat nights....Easily the best venue in Sydney at the moment, most of the others are in dire need of refurbing (ARQ!!) or are overrun with hen's parties (Stonewall!!).

Also The Imperial Hotel at Erskineville/Newtown should finally be reopened very soon
Old Jun 13, 2010, 10:28 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Sydney during the week?

I will be in Sydney from Tuesday to Friday, June 22-25.
Is there anything gay going on weeknights?
Staying at Holiday inn Potts Point (lastminute.com.au 's "secret hotel with brekkie" promo @A$99 including 2 breakfasts!).
Thanks!
Old Jun 15, 2010, 4:30 am
Suspended

Programs: QFF SG, VA SL, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kyushuman
I will be in Sydney from Tuesday to Friday, June 22-25.
Is there anything gay going on weeknights?
Staying at Holiday inn Potts Point (lastminute.com.au 's "secret hotel with brekkie" promo @A$99 including 2 breakfasts!).
Thanks!
Well Tuesday nights you have Karaoke at Stonewall which is alright for a laugh and generally fairly busy.

Then Wednesday nights also at Stonewall is the notorious 'Malebox'.

Thursday nights are busy, Tranny Bingo (hosted by one of V Australia's own 'trolley dollies' no less) at Mansions Hotel (Kings Cross) then drag shows with 'Getting Nun' at Midnight Shift (Oxford St) and then head to ARQ Niteclub for more shows and dirty house (and where far too many people obviously don't work Fridays!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.