Wiki Posts
Search

Berlin Pride 2010

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2010, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Berlin Pride 2010

I just booked a weekend in Berlin - 18-20 June. It turns out that it's Berlin Gay Pride. It's a surprise but a nice one I suppose. Anyone been before? Is there a big party in a park somewhere or just a March?
Old May 9, 2010, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, and major hotels
Happened to be there for one jet-lagged day a few years ago. Yes, a very large party in the park (with some noticeable "events" in the more wooded areas of the park - not in Kansas anymore). It seemed to be a pretty mixed crowd as well. Hopefully someone else will have a not-so-sleepy recollection.
Old May 10, 2010, 3:08 am

Programs: LH-SEN
There will be a big parade and also a big party in the end of the parade. usually the end is at Victory Column in the centre of Tiergarten park, but this year the parade will terminate at Brandenburg Gate (column of victory being refurbished). Expect many big and small parties in the city. www.siegessaeule.de is the website to check for events (mostly in German though).
If you have any specific questions, let me know.
Old May 10, 2010, 9:40 am

Programs: DL Plat
I think you are referring to CSD in Berlin. We went in 2008 and had a blast! Everyone basically parties and drinks everywhere. After about an hour or so it becomes less of a parade and more of a procession into the Park. Great weekend for parties and fun all over the city actually.
Old May 12, 2010, 2:25 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, KLM Flying Blue
I have gone to several CSD's in Berlin. In fact I fly to Berlin on the 17th June for 5 days. I have had to miss the last couple of years due to work commitments. So I am really glad I am getting to have fun in Berlin again, and they certainly know to have fun.

The website for CSD is http://www.csd-berlin.de (there is an English language option on the website) Also there is a handy online guide and leaflet produced by Sieggessaule magazine called Out In Berlin (http://www.out-in-berlin.de/en/home.html)

For anyone who has not booked accomodation I would really recommend renting a vacation apartment. The website EBAB is run in association with the local Gay Switchboard (http://www.ebab.de). If there are any left you can get an apartment that is stumbling distance from the bars from bwteen 35 - 50 euros a night.

Berlin CSD has a great atmosphere in my opinion. It has both a fun and frivolous side whilst maintaining a campaigning edge. The party down in the Tiergarten is fun. As is the parde before hand. There are lots of different events going on over the week. If we are lucky with the weather then Berlin can be very beautiful at that time of the year. Nothing like a late night drinking standing on Fuggerstr. ;-)

Can't wait.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 1:43 pm

I will be heading down to CSD 2010. But just wondering, should I go to the official opening and closing parties, or just head to the more well-known gay clubs?
Old Jun 15, 2010, 9:36 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I go to Berlin a lot - 5 times last year all before July! This year, twice already and going back July 7. So I haven't been there in MONTHS and I'm having Berlin withdrawl!!

Anyway . . . I was there for CSD a few years ago - not planned - and I always rent a small flat near Nollendorfplatz. All I can say is - MANNNNN - Just stand there during the "parade", if you want to call it that - and watch! I'd call it a nearly endless HOURS long complete and total spectacle!! LOTS AND LOTS of "pretty" sights to look at! Just a lot of clean fun! I was also at (I think the last) Love Parade, the same year. WOW!! Another unbelievable Mega-Berlin event!! Sorry it's gone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.