Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New York bars

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2010, 4:49 am

Programs: UA 1P
2 problems with that, i'm waiting till my current contract is up in a couple months till i get myself an iphone - and i've moved about 10k miles away so

Jacob is on facebook though

j
Old May 2, 2010, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tenniscraze
I don't get why everyone likes Splash.. the cover is like $25 and it's like a circuit party with no room to move at all. Virtually every guy is topless there. It's a huge place though.
Splash was good when it had its hey days, not anymore.
Old May 2, 2010, 10:48 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
B Bar is fun if you're in the city on a Tuesday night.
Old May 3, 2010, 11:11 am

Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
jacob

is a hottie. damn. he lives in the east village if I remember correctly.
Old May 3, 2010, 12:02 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
which one is jacob? is he the ginger? (if so, i agree)
Old May 3, 2010, 12:27 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
Originally Posted by dgxoxo
is a hottie. damn. he lives in the east village if I remember correctly.
Originally Posted by DLNYC
which one is jacob? is he the ginger? (if so, i agree)
Yes, the redhead. I don't know exactly where he lives, but on Grindr he's always about a half a mile from Union Sq in the morning. I guess East Village is possible.
Old May 9, 2010, 6:43 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Qatar Gold, Delta MM
I'm going to be in NYC for a week in July with my partner, but unfortunately he's only 20. Since we live in Asia he obviously has a Vancouver drivers license (wink - which he picked up in Bangkok). What are the chances that an ID of that sort will allow him into the clubs?
Old May 9, 2010, 11:06 am
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Originally Posted by dmf_singapore
I'm going to be in NYC for a week in July with my partner, but unfortunately he's only 20. Since we live in Asia he obviously has a Vancouver drivers license (wink - which he picked up in Bangkok). What are the chances that an ID of that sort will allow him into the clubs?
Slim to none. Even the few bars that didn't ID have started. There is one 18+ bar in NYC called Rush. I think Splash may have an 18+ night on Thursdays but they may have changed it.
Old May 9, 2010, 11:25 am

Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
you can also try to get into Urge. i have recently had underage friends get into ViewBar, G lounge and greenhouse with no problems at all.
Old May 9, 2010, 4:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Qatar Gold, Delta MM
The Vancouver driver's license looks pretty good. Are you thinking that because it's not a US state it won't be considered as a valid ID? Actually, with the sense of geography some people have I'd be surprised if they didn't know it wasn't in the US.
Old May 9, 2010, 5:02 pm
In Memoriam

The Vancouver driver's license looks pretty good. Are you thinking that because it's not a US state it won't be considered as a valid ID? Actually, with the sense of geography some people have I'd be surprised if they didn't know it wasn't in the US.
Oh bloody, I was too hungover from the sleeping pills to pick up on the MULTIPLE hints you provided. Many bars scan, so that won't work (unless it's a fancy Vancouver ID), but should be fine at the ones that don't. Avoid the more popular, big-name places and you should be fine.
Old May 9, 2010, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
A true FT should go to Posh or Ritz and use their credit card. Both are rewards network members
Old May 11, 2010, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
A true FT should go to Posh or Ritz and use their credit card. Both are rewards network members
Couldn't agree more ^^^ Too bad Therapy is not part of the network
Old May 12, 2010, 12:18 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
I'll be partying in NYC, arriving Friday at Amalia/Rockit...haha woo hoo!
Old May 13, 2010, 8:58 am

Programs: UA 1P
Never had a problem getting into a gay bar with a foreign ID, even those that scan. Therapy, G, Rockit, Splash, Gymbar, Vlada, Phoenix. All ok, the straight places, now thats a different story!

j

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.