In memoriam

Programs: United
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
drunks short on cash
I resemble that remark.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 1:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Thank you all for your good suggestions. As no desicion in BA dispute so far, we are off to New York as planned. First time in BA Club World by the way
Old Mar 6, 2010, 1:36 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
I never understood why G does not take CCs. While there is the merchant fee and of course fraud danger I would think the additional revenues from drunks short on cash but somewhat more able on credit would offset this.
Why take credit cards and pay a fee when you can install an ATM in the back? They probably make $2 each time you take out the max of $60-80. And you could always take a cash advance on your credit card. It's a win-win for them.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:00 am
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
I know this is an old thread, but I was mortified to see nobody mentioned Barracuda or the Eagle! Cuda is definitely my favorite bar in the city. Cheap, STRONG drinks and cute guys and bartenders. I'm not so into the HK bars. The guys are too young and pretty. Dance-wise, there is Club 57 on Saturday nights.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:16 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
I like Barracuda too- agree the drinks are really strong. Once again, they don't take credit card, which is annoying.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
My favourite is the Hangar in the village. You get drink specials and a good crowd variety. Barracuda is full of Chelsea queens.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Apr 30, 2010 at 1:40 pm
Old Apr 30, 2010, 12:52 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
My fvaourite is the Hangar in the village. You get drink specials and a good crowd variety. Barracuda is full of Chelsea queens.
Hangar?! We're definitely different kinds of gays I prefer Pieces if I'm going to do a Village bar.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DLNYC
Hangar?! We're definitely different kinds of gays I prefer Pieces if I'm going to do a Village bar.
The difference is what makes it all exciting doesn't it!!
Old May 1, 2010, 3:21 pm

Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
umm

i am shocked to the core that no one mentioned Splash, which is a new york institution and must-visit for any visitor. just don't buy any sketchy substances from the people on the street outside of the club. on wednesday night, it's a toss up between Urge at 2nd and 2nd and G Lounge for me, but I do love both places. but my favorite night is sunday night - greenhouse is truly an amazing (albeit expensive) time...
Old May 1, 2010, 3:37 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by dgxoxo
i am shocked to the core that no one mentioned Splash, which is a new york institution and must-visit for any visitor. just don't buy any sketchy substances from the people on the street outside of the club. on wednesday night, it's a toss up between Urge at 2nd and 2nd and G Lounge for me, but I do love both places. but my favorite night is sunday night - greenhouse is truly an amazing (albeit expensive) time...
Splash? SPLASH?! I only go to Splash when Cascada is (meant to) perform.
Good call on Greenhouse. Rawhide is always fun if you're into pool.
Old May 1, 2010, 10:22 pm

Therapy is my favorite bar.. and "Rockit" on Fridays at Amalia.
Old May 1, 2010, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Oh the memories I have of NYC bars where should I begin?! I don't have much to add, but....

Splash was my favorite place i reckon, that and the G Lounge (Jacob the bartender @ G is hot!). Can't go wrong with the Phoenix for $2 beers on Wednesday. And then theres Therapy and Vlada - more stylish places. I had my goodbye NYC party at Vlada, and my stalker showed up. That was fun, lol. Rockit @ Amalia was my Friday night place to be. I must say i'm embarrassed that I never went to Barracuda or XES while I was there. There's also a pool party called Drip at the Grace hotel. You don't have to go in the pool lol, not sure if they're bringing it back now that summer is on its way!

ciao
Jay
Old May 1, 2010, 11:40 pm

I don't get why everyone likes Splash.. the cover is like $25 and it's like a circuit party with no room to move at all. Virtually every guy is topless there. It's a huge place though.
Old May 2, 2010, 12:01 am

Programs: UA 1P
I liked splash cos it's huge. Other places have a smaller space and therefore a small dancefloor. And if you sign up for splash events on facebook or text message you can get in for free, otherwise I would'nt have gone there so often either. And topless guys can only be a positive thing

jay
Old May 2, 2010, 4:09 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
Originally Posted by jmuzz
Splash was my favorite place i reckon, that and the G Lounge (Jacob the bartender @ G is hot!).
And relating this to another thread... Jacob is on Grindr!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.